Monday, August 1, 2011

Slacker!!!

Yes, I am aware that I am a major blog slacker! What can I say....well I could give lots of excuses but lets just say it.....blogging has been put on the back burner and other things have been made more of a priority this summer. Instead of blogging I have been going to the water park and the library with my kids. We have been spending more time together as a family. I have been working out a lot and trying to get my body back. I have spent long lazy summer afternoons with my kids on my lap reading stories or watching movies or just taking a nap. We have gone hiking in Zions, gone swimming and gone out to dinner way to much. Did I take pictures to document all of these things that we have done..... yes but not very many. I know that is so not like me. I am okay with not capturing our every moment on camera..... for right now anyway. I am still getting pictures of the good stuff, but I would rather hang out with my kids, work out and smooch with my hubby, then blog about it all. Yes I am a slacker and I am okay with it.

I did get the chance to take some pictures of my kiddo's a few weeks ago. It has been way to long sense I have taken pictures of them and it was fun to get out and do it!


My sweet Sydney girl has changed so much this summer. She is an awesome reader and reads everything in sight. I would have to say she is probably reading on a 1st or 2nd grade level. I am so proud of her. She is an awesome memorizer and I am starting to wonder if she has a photographic memory. She remembers things and has them memorized just moments after reading them. She is so curious! She is always asking questions to the point that she is driving me batty!! Right now she is obsessed with what is a mammal and what isn't a mammal and will ask me countless questions about mammals. I quiz her on what types of animals are mammals and what aren't and she is right most of the time!

She is starting to be a great big sister to her brother and loves to play with him. She is kind of bossy and loves to try to control him. He of course wants nothing to do with that and lets her know pretty quickly when he has had enough.
I have started to be a little worried about her heart. She does not have the endurance and energy that she has had previously. After a few hours of the water park or swimming she is totally wiped out and wants to spend the rest of the day resting on the couch. That is so not like my energetic little girl. She will be going into the heart doctor at the end of August for her check up.
This little boy is the poster child for two year olds. He is happy one second and......
moody, demanding, pouting, and crying the next. He is a total mama's boy and has to be in the same room as me or touching me at all times. We finally got rid of his binky but that has caused him to be even more attached to his mama. He is still obsessed with is ABC's and counting and can count to 20. He knows about 30-40 sight words and we are working on his reading. His talking has way improved and he is using words that I didn't even know that he knew. He is not even two and a half yet and he will tell me things like, "Go away Mommy!" "I want a cookie, NOW!" "I am not a honey, I am BROCKY!!!! He even told me the other day "congratulations!" about something, that one totally stunned me. I didn't even know that he knew that word!
He is a small little guy. At his two year check up he fell from the 21st %ile to the 17th percentile. He was only 26 pounds. His doctor was a little concerned that at every doctor appointment he is going down on the charts for his weight. She wants me to feed him more calcium and iron but that is kind of a joke, because the only thing this kid eats is bread, fruit and all the sugar he can con out of me. Yes he would eat ice cream for every meal but I am not letting him do that! Oh well I will just have to trust that we will eat when he is ready and that me forcing him to eat things he doesn't want to is only going to cause food related problems down the road.
Sydney had a dance recital at the beginning of June. She was the princess of the day and you could see it in her eyes how special and pretty she felt in her dress.
Daddies princess!
She loved it that Grandpa and Grandma and Jeremy and Shelby came to see her dance. She thought that she was so special!!


We got her some flowers and she said that was her favorite part of the whole thing....getting special flowers from us.

Well that is all for now. Maybe I will blog more later.....maybe not. I guess you will see!

4 comments:

MAYBERRY said...

Yay, an update. Love it!

Emily Orison said...

I love those pics of Brock and Sydney together- it looks like mini Seth and Caralee...so cute!
Your kids are getting so big! Wow.. Sydney is reading so good and she still has another year until Kindergarten, I hope she doesn't have to have surgery again soon- poor girl! It's okay not to blog about every little thing in life sometimes ya gotta just enjoy the moment and not worry about grabbing the camera.

Mary Ann said...

Just love your little family! Those pictures turned out awesome! And I totally agree, family time is WAY more important than blogging!

Jenna said...

HI
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Sidney is beautiful, and has a beautiful smile. She is a courageous, strong and determiined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com