Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lexi 4 Weeks old

 Ack......my baby is one month old!! Where did these last weeks go? They went in a blur of sleepless nights, diaper changes, and lots and lots of cuddling!!
 She is such a joy to have in our family! We all love her so much!


 Lexi always wakes up for the day at about 5 a.m. and is pretty awake on and off until about 8:30. Then she takes a good 2 hour nap. Wakes up to eat and takes a good long long nap in the afternoon. Then Lexi gets fussy at around 6 p.m. until about 8 p.m. then goes to sleep until about 12:30 in the morning. She then wakes up to eat again at 3:30 and then up at 5 a.m.
She still only likes me to hold her and pretty much fusses if anyone else holds her....even her dad.
 She loves baths and getting lotion rubbed on her(both of her siblings hated lotion rubbed on them) but she doesn't really like being naked for very long.
 Lexi hates being put down, and cries and cries until I pick her up again. Even if I put her down sound asleep she will wake up and scream within 5 minutes of being down by herself. I tried to do a little photo shoot with her this morning but she ended up crying for most of it, because she was not being held. I love holding and cuddling with my little princess, but sometimes mommy's need to go potty and take a shower and make dinner with out a screaming baby in the background.
This is probably her favorite spot to be, nestled on my chest listening to my heart beat. Oh how I love my little Lexi girl!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You are such a good mom. I hope my baby loves me as much as Lexi loves you.

Mary Ann said...

She is so cute sister! I love that cute little outfit you have on her! It sounds like she sleeps for longer periods at night than kent does. He should take lessons from her! And she should take lessons from him about being put down occasionally! You should just come visit me I guess so our babies can learn from each other!

Tom and Juli said...

She looks like she belongs to you. :). Have you ever tried stripping the shirt you're wearing and putting it in the crib with her after you put her down? I've had to use that trick off and on with my kids and it seemed to be the only thing that worked. Then she will still smell you and feel some of your warmth and hopefully it will make her think you're still there.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! you look great !

Emily Orison said...

The last pic w/ her mommy is my favorite. She looks so content and secure, so cute.