Friday, April 6, 2007

11 pounds!!!!









































Sydney weighs in at a huge 11 pounds, she has been gaining close to a pound every two weeks!!!! Her doctor appointment went well, Dr. Smith gave me some nose drops for Sydney because her adenoids are enlarged. They became enlarged from her cold that she got a few weeks ago and has never gone back to normal. This is the reason that Sydney sounds like a piggy and snorts a lot of the time, hopefully the drops will help. I also asked her doctor about how upset Sydney gets when we go places and that she seemed really stressed at times and Dr. Smith said that Sydney is going through something that is a lot like Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. She said that babies that have gone through traumatic things tend to be more anxious and prone to get stressed easily. She also said that Sydney should be over it by around 4 months. In the mean time she said to not expect Sydney to be able to self sooth herself, to hold her when ever she cries and try to keep her on a good schedule so that she can become more secure.
On a different note I did something that was really dumb!!!! I was trying to open the plastic wrap on a bottle of lotion, so a grabbed a knife to cut the plastic. The knife bounced of the plastic and into my hand, about an inch deep. I had to call Seth at work and he took me to the E.R. I had to get five stitches!!! My hand hurts a lot and it is hard to do anything that requires two hands but I guess that is the consequence for playing with knifes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Sydney is doing great! She sure looks cute!! Her scar looks a lot better too.

Anonymous said...

Caralee,
She is looking so good! I'm happy that she is doing so well. The pictures are darling! I hope your hand heals quickly ;)
Janese