Wednesday, February 4, 2009

26 Weeks and a Baby Name

Okay so the baby ticker on the side of my blog is finally bellow the 100 day mark! Yippee! I can't believe that I am going to have this baby in less then 100 days!!!! During the last little while my pregnancy has been going pretty good. Last week for about a week I was having lots of contractions, and very painful cramping. So much that I went into the doctors to check for pre-term labor. The results came up negative (hallelujah!!), but my doctor had no answers as to what was causing my pain and contractions. Finally on Sunday I received a blessing, and almost instantly my contractions and pain went away! So far the past three days have gone very well, with almost no contractions and cramping, so I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers that this good health will last!

This little boy loves citrus fruit! I have been having such a craving for grapefruits, oranges and citrus juice. I seriously can't get enough of them. The other day I was at my Mom's eating a grapefruit and my Mom put a few ginger snap cookies on my plate. Well one of the gingersnaps soaked up some of the grapefruit juice and it was SOOOOO yummy!! So then I began to eat the gingersnaps with pieces of grapefruit on them. Oh my it was like heaven in my mouth, the perfect combinations of sweet and spicy! As I was eating my snack I thought that this had to be my craziest pregnancy craving yet!

Here is my 26 week belly. Last time I was in to the doctors my belly was measuring a little small but I am not worried at all. It seems like this little guy has growth spurts where he grows really slow for a few weeks. Then I get really hungry for about a week, and my stomach is growling just a few hours after I have eaten. I wake up hungry in the middle of the night and have to eat a bowl of cereal. After about a week of this constant hunger my belly seems to grow a lot, and I know it is this little boy going through a growth spurt.

We think that we have finally decided on a name for our little boy. Surprisingly Sydney was the one that named him. About a month ago Sydney had just woke up from her nap and was calling my name. I went into her room and she shouted "Mommy!". I picked her up and said, "Yes, I am your Mommy and who is this!" and then pointed to my belly. She poked my belly too, and said "baby Brock!"

Brock isn't a name that we had even talked about, but I went and told Seth about what Sydney had just said. Seth instantly liked the name and I did too! It was the first name that really connected with us besides the name Max. Also I am wondering if Sydney has some hidden knowledge about what her brothers name should be. Maybe she remembers him from heaven and who am I to argue with something like that.

So we are pretty sure that this little guy will be named Brock Max Baker. My sister keeps asking how baby Brock-oli is doing, but I keep telling her that his nickname is going to be the Brock-ness Monster or Brockstar, not Brock-oli!

11 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

Cute belly and cute name! Glad you've been feeling better.

Julie said...

Super cute belly sistah! Baby Broccoli is looking soooo cute! Can't wait to hold him in May!

Crystal said...

Haha! I vote for Brock-ness Monster!!

I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Three cheers for blessings!!

Melenie said...

Brock-oli! I love that!

We have a nephew named Brock and he is the cutest little boy. Great name!

Jamey said...

I like that name! Way to go Sydney! Don't you just love it when your baby countdown goes down under 100 days! The countdown is on for us now! Hang in there!

Christina said...

That is so interesting that Sydney helped pick out the name. I am sure she already knows all about the little guy. I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy and I am sure the last 100 days will over before you know it:)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Yey for less then 100 days! You looks so good with the prego belly! I love it! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Brock!

Unknown said...

You look really good. Love the name.

Haven said...

I think baby Brock will love his name. Wow, less than 100 days! Yay for you to be almost done!!!

Alyssa said...

You look adorable with your prego belly. Seriously.
And I think the name Brock is cute! Especially if you use the nicknames as just affectionate names around home, then he'll have heard them all before he goes to school! Haha! Plus, kids make fun of any name if they want to--doesn't matter what it is. So, cute name. Good job, Sydney! :)

Carlos said...

I love that name!!! And he story of how you got it is adorable!!! You've got to admit that even if he does get stuck with brock-oli, it's better than maxie-pad :)