January 31, Surgery day! One of the hardest things I ever had to do was hand my beautiful baby over to the anesthesiologist and Heavenly Father and just walk away. Walk away, not knowing if I would ever hold my tiny baby again!
This is how Sydney looked after they finally closed her chest about one week after her surgery.
This is one of my favorite days that Sydney had in the PICU. Sydney was showing so much spunk this day, pulling out I.V.'s and trying to get her hands around her ventilator tube. We had to put socks on her hands so that she wouldn't pull her vent out. I love the brightness of her eyes, something she only had after her surgery, as she became stronger.
The first day Daddy got to hold his little girl, two weeks after her surgery.
My very favorite moment, when my heart finally felt complete again, as I got to hold my baby for the first time after her surgery. Oh how my arms ached to cuddle my sweet little girl. She snuggled right in and seemed to need being held by her Mommy just as much as I needed to be holding her!It is hard to imagine how much has changed in the past two years! I never thought that I would say this but I am so grateful for everything that we have gone through as a family and in my life personally. The trials and hardships have made me into the wife/mother/woman that I am today, and I wouldn't change what I have learned for anything in the world.
I have to admit that having this baby boy enter our family is making me a bit nervous. Sydney's first year was so scary for us as new parents. I think that the fear that we felt will always be with us as we bring each new baby in to our family. I know that I just need to rely on the many things that having Sydney has taught me throughout these past few years, and always remember how amazing and healing the power of prayer can be!
13 comments:
You are such a strong person! Sydney is so lucky to have you as a mom! It's strange how the hardest times in life is when we learn..
Everytime you show pics or talk about that time, I just think of how amazing you are. That would be a terrible thing to go through, and it seems that you handled yourself so well and relied on your testimony. I am so glad that Sydney is happy and healthy!
Oh, I can't even begin to imagine how it feels to see your newborn child like that. I'm glad that everything is going well for her now! I'm excited to see what a little Baker boy looks like.
Wow... you guys are amazing. I couldn't imagine going through all that. Your attitude is amazing!
You are going to be fine adding your little man to the mix! You are such an amazing mother!
What a scary thing to go through! I am so glad that everything has turned out so well. I too think you'll will handle another child beautifully, so don't worry about it:)
So until my friends baby had heart surgery a few days ago I hadn't even thought about this for a long time. It just seems like Sydney is so perfect I sort of forgot she ever had a problem. You are a great mommy to that sweet little stinker and I can't wait until her little brother is born!
I was wondering what her scars look like these days. Are they as noticable?
Julie- She still has to many scars to count but thankfully you cant really see them. They are faded and white, they very noticeable up close but at a distance they aren't at all. Just not to long ago I noticed that Sydney had these white dots all over her hands and feet. It took me a minute but I finally realized that they are scars from her many I.V.'s, poor thing. One of these days I should sit down and count just how many little scars she has, I am sure they will be a lot, over 30 at least.
Sydney is so lucky to have you as a mom! You are one of the strongest people I know. You have the best spirit. It seems that Sydney is just like her mommy. What lucky parents to get such an angel from heaven. I know it is so easy to look at your child and think how was I so lucky to get such a special spirit. I cant wait to see the pics of your baby boy! I bet he is going to be so great and you will one day be looking back not being able to imagine your life without him just like you do with Sydney!!!!
Just looking at these pictures I can tell how much you and Seth were stressed and sleep deprived during those rough few weeks. Thank goodness it all worked out in the end. Seeing Sydney now it's hard to believe she had such a difficult start in life.
Wow I sure can relate to so many of the emotions that you talked about, even 11 years later. I have so many of those pictures of Ashton, just like you have of Sydney. You know, so many people talk about how strong our kids are (which they are), how strong we as their parents are (sometimes I question my own strength). But lets not forgot their siblings.
They are very much a part of these kids lives, and they are such strong people also. They are such a support to the Kids. Can't believe she is two already, and can't wait to see your new addition. So exciting.
I remember those days...checking your blog every day to see how your little fighter was doing. I'm so glad that she has done so well and is so happy and smart and strong. You really are an example of faith and courage. I know you'll be an awesome mom to this sweet little boy and Sydney will LOVE her little brother so much!!!!!
I remember reading and seeing all the pictures of Sydney when it was happening and it made me cry. I would think how hard it must be and how strong you had/have to be. Reading this made me cry too because I still can't imagine how all of you did it. Sydney is such a smarty and you would never guess that she ever did have anything wrong with her heart. She will be an awesome big sister for her little brother.
Post a Comment