Monday, May 4, 2009

On my own

Today was my first day taking care of my two little ones all by myself. I have to say that it went better then I expected. I even had time to take a few pictures (they didn't turn out the way I wanted) but enjoy anyway!


He is such a sweet little boy!

Yawn!! Posing for pictures is sooooo boring!!!

I love the look on his face for this one!

He hated being naked!


Sydney just chillin' with her doggies watching signing time.

Sydney wanted a piece of the camera action and told me she wanted "Cheese with Henny doggy" meaning she wanted to say cheese for the camera while she was holding Penny.
Mommy's serious little girl
Her world has turned upside down and she has no idea what to do about it. She still doesn't want anything to do with Brock. She scans the room when she walks in to see where Brock is. Then she will go the parent that isn't holding him. She also has started to be really naughty when I am nursing, she knows that I can't get up and chase her. Dang they catch on to that fast!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Smart girl you got there! It will get better, I promise! Your baby boy sure is a sweetie!

Brandi Schall said...

They will be friends before you know it, once she realizes he's not going away she'll have to start loving him, right? :) Olivia was pretty bad, too. I think it's really hard for those first babies to learn to share attention. Brock sure is cute, I love the yawn.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

I'm glad you had a good day- the transition can be tough! Hang in there!! He is beautiful!

tifnyb said...

Best advice about nursing time!!! I was told to find some alone time with your older child and take them to the store to pick out a special nursing time toy. They only get to play with it while you are nursing and you let them pick it out and tell them it's their special toy to play with while Mommy has to feed the baby. Only let her play with it when you nurse and make sure she is in the same room with you and always talk to her so she's knows that you still love her even though you are busy with the baby. It works...try it out. Good luck and let me know.

Emma said...

It will get better!
One thing that I think helps keep Andrina out of trouble when I am nursing is I read to her during that time. I let her pick out some books at the library to read to the baby, she likes thinking that she's helping out. Then when I feed Adella we all sit on the couch and read as many books as we can during that time. Because Adella still eats every time I turn around, we are reading a lot these days. But i figure it's good for both of them and it keeps Andrina right by my side and out of trouble.

And those are great pictures of little Brock! I took some pictures of Adella when I was home alone one of the first couple days. I'll never do that again because it was a nightmare!

Catherine said...

I love the "cheese with Henny Doggy." How cute is that? :) I've been thinking about you, Caralee. I hope you're adusting okay with the two. I know it can be challenging. I've been there! Call me if you ever need to vent!

Anonymous said...

he is so precious caralee!!! way to go supermom!!

Christina said...

I knew that you would to awesome by yourself because you are already awesome watching lots of babysitting kids. You did a good job with your pictures - it helps that you have adorable children too:) If you ever need a break Sydney is always welcome to come over and play. Keep up the good work!

Carlos said...

Oh Caralee! He is precious! Glad things are getting into a rhythm for you. Got you something for Brock that just may make Sydeny like him better :) Hope she comes around soon and becomes friends with her little bro.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a cutie! I'm glad it went well being home alone with the babies!