Monday, September 20, 2010

A fish dream


Just as Seth was leaving for work this morning, Sydney came running down the stairs yelling, " I had a fish dream! I had a fish dream!" She was so anxious to tell us her dream that she totally forgot to bring down her pink blankets with her. That never happens! She is glued to her blankets in the morning. I wish I had grabbed my camera to catch a picture of the look on her face as she ran down the stairs because it was priceless. Her eyes were bright and twinkly and you could see just how excited and happy she was. The look on her face alone was enough to take away my Monday blah's. The excitement that she felt was contagious and it gave me a glimpse of the wonder and excitement that a three year old must experience on a daily basis as they discover new things.


Me: You had a fish dream?
Sydney: Yes!
Me: What was your fish dream about?
Sydney: I hugged the fish tight like this! And then It made a face like this!
She then showed me a very cute scrunched up little face!
Sydney: and then we went like this!
Then she started to twirl and whirl around.
Me: Wow! That sounds like a awesome dream.
Sydney: It was a fish dream Mommy!(still so very excited)
Me: Did you get to swim with the fish?
Sydney: No.
Me: What color was the fish that you hugged?
Sydney: It was a blue fish but yellow fish are my favorite.
Me: That is so cool Sydney!
Sydney: And then I pressed the stop button, so that Brocky could have the fish dream too.
Me: You did!(That was something new. I had to stop myself from laughing) I think that Brock would love to have the fish dream! That was very nice of you to press the stop button so that Brocky could have the fish dream too.
Sydney: Yeah.
Me: I am so happy that you had a fish dream Sydney!

Can you tell that my Sydney is her fathers daughter and loves all things technological. I thought it was so hilarious that she was able to press the stop button on her dream. It totally melted my heart that Sydney wanted her brother to have that fish dream too. I felt like I needed to write what happened down so that I could remember it. I love his little fish dreamer/stop button pushing/fish hugger girl!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That is so cute! What a sweet sister to want to share something she was so excited about with her brother! That is so fun that she was so happy to have a fish dream!

Tom and Juli said...

seriously, too cute! I laughed hard at the "stop button" but that is so sweet of her to want to share.

Emma said...

what a character! a stop button would come in so handy in my dreams!