Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sydney Jo



Sydney has been saying some funny things lately and I wanted to write them down so that I don't forget them

We went to the temple the other day and as we drove up and parked Sydney looked around and said "Mommy where is Jesus's car? I don't see it."

Sydney is very into pretend right now and she is convinced that cars are alive and talk to each other. My car's name is Puff and she is constantly asking about him.
"Mommy are you going to ride in Puff?"
"Mommy is Puff taking a nap"
"Goodbye Puff thanks for the ride!"
"Go faster Puff!"
One day when we were driving on the road Sydney asked me:"Mommy are those Puffs friends?" as she was looking at all the other cars. I said "Yes those are Puff's friends." and then when we parked in the parking lot she said "Bye Puff have fun with your friends!"
She says that Seth's old grandma cars name is Cuff, and she is constantly telling me: "Puff and Cuff are friends!" or, "Puff misses Cuff Mommy."
When we go to church she is quick to point out Puffs Relatives. " Look Mommy that is Puff's Grandma" or "Look at Puffs Dad, Mommy"
I would blame this on the Cars movie but she really hardly ever watches it. I have to admit though that it is pretty cute to hear her go on and on about her love for our car. She has such an active imagination.

Sydney has had quite a few doctor visits lately(heart doctor, regular doctor, dentist, and a few procedures done at the hospital too). So it comes to no surprise that Sydney has a new fascination with going to the doctor. She realizes that there are different kinds of doctors and it is daily that she tells me that she needs to go to the doctor. Usually she asks for specific doctors, so far she has asked for: the tummy doctor, the heart doctor, the eye doctor, an ear doctor and a head doctor.

My favorite one though was when we where driving down the road and Sydney said "Mommy I need to go to the boob doctor." I was a little suprised by this so I said, " You do! Why do you need to go to the boob doctor?" She pointed to her leg where she had some little bumps on her legs(she gets clogged hair follicles and they kind of look like zits or a rash) and she said "I need to boob doctor for the boobs on my legs." I guess they looked like boobs to her. I explained to her that they were not boobs just owies on her legs, all the while trying not to let her see me laugh.
Lately Sydney has started having an imaginary friend come over and play. Her name is Amy. Amy shows up when Sydney is feeling a little out of place, and she always comes to the door. So far Amy just comes and plays with Sydney and Amy hasn't caused any trouble yet so I think it is okay to have Amy around. I am not sure what to think about Sydney having an imaginary friend. I need to do some research and find out what it means and how to deal with it. The cutest part though is that Sydney always mentions Amy in her night time prayers. It is very sweet.

Sydney has been very focused on her emotions lately. She is very quick to tell me what she is feeling. She mostly says, "Mommy you made me very sad!" or Mommy I am very angry!" or " Mommy I am happy now!" and " You make me so grumpy!" It is kind of funny to hear her say these things, but after she says them all day long in it gets very old very fast.

The very last new thing with Sydney is that she has started dance class today. She is so excited! She gets to go to dance with her best friend, so that is an added bonus as well. For her first day she was very excited and had a hard time listening to her teacher. She would just get up and start dancing and the rest of the class would follow her. I am going to have to work harder with her to sit and listen, and only dance when the teacher tells her to. Well that's all that I can think of right now that is new with my little girl. She certainly keeps us on our toes!

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I just love and miss that little Sydney girl so much! It is so fun to hear about all of the funny things she is doing and saying! That is so fun that she started a dance class! I hope she likes it! Those are such cute pictures of her!

Sarah said...

Oh that is so exciting!!! She will be such a cute little dancer. You'll have to get videos of her dancing!

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

What a funny girl and she is adorable also! I wouldn't worry too much about her imaginary friend just yet, I had one when I was about her age...don't remember her name but I do remember that she "moved" to the moon when I started first grade :D.

Emily Orison said...

Sydney is getting so flippin big and she says the most adorable things. Miss you guys!

Recovery Guru said...

Emily I was just thinking about how we need to try to get together sometime.We never get to see you guys. We all live pretty close and there is now reason why we can't come visit. Maybe one of these Saturdays it will happen.

Anonymous said...

Love that sydney girl she makes my heart happy. love mom

Julie said...

Hahaha, that is pretty much what I think Gracie did in dance class. We weren't actually allowed to go into the class, but Gracie would tell me she didn't listen, but that she just wanted to dance. And Sammy also has imaginary friends. Actually they are cookies. Whenever we make cookies he says the cookies are his friends and we can't eat his friends, but some of them aren't his friends and we can eat those ones. Probably just the age that they are at.

Catherine said...

Love a girl with a good sense of humor!

Crystal said...

Lincoln has an imaginary friend too, named Caper. He also mentions another friend occasionally named Rue, but that one isn't as consistent as Caper. My fav part of an imaginary friend? The names! How do they come up with them?