At 18 months Brock is one walking giant bruise. Not a day goes by that he doesn't climb, fall, trip, or run into something. This picture was taken after just a couple of days of lots and lots of accidents. The big bruise on his forehead was from jumping in his sisters bed and then falling and hitting his head on the metal part of her headboard. I seriously thought that he had a concussion, I have never seen a bump on the head get so big so fast as this one did. The George band-aid is covering a big scratch from having his sister throw a book at his his head. And the rest of the bruises are from who knows what, but it seriously looks like I beat him. I don't. At least not much anyway.
This little guy loves to play outside and especially in the rocks! He loves to through anything and everything.
This picture is from Thanksgiving. Brock is eating a pickle. Pickles, olives, and rolls where all that my little boy ate for Thanksgiving dinner. Brock has now entered the picky eater stage and I truly hate it. He used to be the best little eater in the world. I could give him just about anything and he would eat it(even veggies). Now Brock will usually only eat cereal(any and all kinds), pretzels, Popsicle, fruit snacks and apples and he has the biggest sweet tooth on the planet so he will never say no to a sucker or candy. On a good day he will sometimes eat: string cheese, pb sandwiches, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, yogurt, mac and cheese, oranges, toast. He is no where near as picky of an eater as Sydney was but I hate having him constantly tell me everything is "gucky". I can usually convince him to eat two or three bites of his meals if I sit by him and constantly tell him the it is yummy. He will look at me and then look at his food and say "Mummy? Oh mummy!" and then he will usually eat a few bites of it. If I am not right next to him telling him how yummy his meal his he will only eat the part of it that he likes and leave everything else on his tray.He is also doing this thing where he will spit out random bites of food and tell me that it is "gucky". It seriously drives me batty finding little pieces of chewed up food on the floor, or even worse having stepped in it and finding it that way. He gets in pretty big trouble and gets his food taken away if he spits his food out on the floor so most of the time now he will bring me what ever it is that is "gucky", and put it in my hand so that I can throw it away.
I love this picture. On Thanksgiving day, after everyone had ate pie. Brock and his cousin Benson(who is about 6 months older than Brock) pushed a chair up to Grandmas counter. Instead of getting into all the pie that was on the counter they headed straight for Grandma's treat jar. Sweet little Benson took the lid off the Candy jar, got a sucker out, unwrapped it, and gave it to Brock. Then he got another sucker and unwrapped it for himself. It was seriously so cute to see Benson be so caring to Brock. Although they were being totally naughty and getting in to Grandma's treats, I had to hurry and take pictures of it first before I stopped them.Brock is a lover of all things furry. He loves animals, just like his sister and just like his Mother.
Look at those eye lashes. It is seriously not fair for a boy to have such long dark lashes!
We had several weeks of being sick at our house last month. Usually it is Sydney who gets sick the worst and Brock gets passed up, but this time they both got sick and my poor little Momma's boy was miserable. So of course he had to attached to me 24/7. I love Brock's red pouty lips in this picture. I love this little boy of mine!
More about Brock at 18 months:Brock is still obsessed with letters and knows all of his ABC's. He also knows about half of this letters in sign language and can tell me random letters and the sound that goes with them. He is way more obsessed with letters than Sydney ever was. When Brock is upset or whiny(which lets face it is usually a good part of the day) I can usually distract him and stop him from fussing by going around the room and pointing out different letters. This always calms him down and makes him happy again. When we color he usually brings me the crayon and demands that I write different letters on his paper. His favorite letter is the letter M. Now that he has learned all his letters, I am going to start teaching him some sight words. I have a feeling that he is going to read even earlier than Sydney did.
Brock has started talking so much!! He will pretty much repeats anything that you ask him to say. He uses 2-3 word sentences most of the time now. He is talking way more than Sydney did at this age but Sydney signed for everything that she needed and Brock doesn't, so I am not surprised that Brock talks more.
Some of my favorite things that he says are
"O.D."=Binky
"gunk"=snack
"pepper"=pretzel
"boob"=food
"boob"=book
"booby"=birdie
moo-ie=Movie
"Mommy blah" and "Gucky"=yucky
He knows that "Kiggy's" say Meow, and that "Goggies" say ruff. Frogs are "ribbits" and Horses are "neighs" and pretty much all other animals say "roar."
He is at the stage where everything is "mine". It seriously gets old. fast. He also loves to say "No! No!" to EVERYTHING. The funny part of it is that when he says "No" he growls it and scowls while he says it. It makes me laugh every single time. Also when ever we change his diaper or change his clothes he yells " Ow, Ow, Ow!" over and over until we are done. It seriously sounds like we are beating him the way that he carries on.
I frequently say "Oh Brocky" to him as I am talking to him through out the day. So Brock started saying "Oh Mommy" back to me every time I said it to him. It is seriously the cutest thing ever!
He has also started saying "Thank you, Mommy!" when ever I give him anything like his blanket or a snack. "Thank you" was one of the first things he learned to say and he almost always says thank you after we give him something. But just this week he has started adding our names to it, when he says it. It seriously melts my heart.
He can go most of the day with out his binky. I still give it to him at nap time and bed time, but I have been waiting for him to form an attachment to some other comfort object before I took the binky away. Just these last couple of weeks he has seriously fallen in love with his little stuffed Elmo, and he is getting a nicer one from Santa this year, so I think after Christmas the binky will go bye-bye.
He carries his Blanket and stuffed Elmo everywhere. We can not leave the house with out them. He is so in love with his little Elmo and gives him kisses all the time.
He will usually go and hide in a corner or a different room when he poops, and then most of the time he comes and tells me after that he is poopy.
He is a total Mommy's boy and clings to me every chance he gets. It makes it kind of hard to leave him with anyone so most of the time we just don't go out much. He is a pretty serious little guy most of the time but he does like to tease.
He still wears size 4 diapers and has worn them for the past year. He fits into 18 month pants and 2t tops, and wears size 6 shoes. He finally got his canine teeth in on top and his bottoms ones have finally started to poke through.
I am sure that I could go on and on but I think this is most of what Brock has been up to these past few months. He sure keeps me on my toes that is for sure! I love this little man of mine!


4 comments:
I seriously can't believe how big that boy is getting! He is just so cute! I love the update on all of the things he is doing! Sorry he is in the picky eater stage! Remember when he ate those bell peppers at Thanksgiving last year? He was only about 6 months old! I thought he would eat anything! What a cute kid! I'm excited to see him soon! Love you!
What a smart, handsome, fun little guy you have there. It is so amazing how fast they grow and how quick they learn. I still remember when I saw him for the first time and how tiny he was with his cute mohawk. Boy oh boy does time fly.
Boob...that's funny. That's good you take note of all that stuff. I can't believe how much I've forgotten about my kids as the years have flown by.
It was so fun on thanksgiving seeing how big he is getting. I just love that little guy :)
Post a Comment