
Okay so this morning I was sitting down to eat my usual bowl of multi-grain cheerio's. I was reading a book as I ate and my kids where watching their usual morning PBS kids shows. My little 19 month old Brock came in to the kitchen to see what I was doing. He noticed that I was eating and immediately he wanted some. Mommy's food is always so much better then the food he gets. Even if it is the exact same thing that we are eating, nine times out of ten he will eat what I am eating better than what what is on his plate.
Brock used his short little legs to climb up on the chair(something he does ten million times a day) He then pointed to and picked up the bib that was on the table, gave it to me and said "bib, Mommy!" I knew he wanted it on but I didn't I wanted to tease him a little bit so I put it around my neck instead. He scowled at me and said, "No, bib Mommy" and took it off of me. He shoved it at me again and said, "Bib." he was very insistent this time. So I put the bib on him. He then pointed to my cereal and said "cereal oh's Mommy." I slid my bowl and spoon over to him. Honestly I expected him to take one bite and spit it out, like he has been doing with most of his food these days. Not so. He took one bite and then another and then another, the whole time grinning up at me. He soon got tired of me watching him, placed a chubby little hand on my cheek and turned my head back to my book, saying, "No look, Mommy!" and continued eating my cereal(might I add he had already eaten his own cereal and juice this morning). Every time I looked at him to see just how big of a mess he was making he would place his hand on my cheek push my face towards my book and say, "No look!" It made me giggle every time. Pretty soon he was giggling too. Every now and then he would offer me a bite of cereal. Most of the time the spoon only had one little cheerio on it, but he would offer it to me with his big blue eyes and his mouth open wide as if to say, "Open wide, Mommy!". It was very sweet. One bite to him and one bite to me. It continued on to the very end of the bowl. I would try to help him get the very last cheerio's onto his spoon but he would refuse my help with a little squeal of protest every time. He finally began using his fingers to place the cheerio's onto his spoon and then into his mouth.
The whole time this was happening it was almost as if the busy morning that we usually have at our house had slowed down just a bit so that I could enjoy this moment with my little boy. I wanted to remember this morning so I knew that I needed to blog about it. I hope for many more moments like this in the future and that I am able to recognize them and enjoy them for the special moments that they are.
3 comments:
That is so cute and funny! What a funny little boy! I think it is sweet that he shared with you and really funny that he kept telling you not to look! I think it is pretty funny that he was so insistent that you put the bib on him too! He definitely knows the routine!
That's pretty cute! He's growing up so much! When I really want my kids to eat something I make myself a bowl of it and start eating it and the kids come right up to me asking for some. :)
Cute story sis. I miss those kids. I don't feel like I got to spend nearly enough time with them when we were there because our trip was so short! Brock sure is a charmer.
Call me sometime when you aren't busy! :)
Post a Comment