Usually every year for Christmas, I make candy to deliver to friends and family. This year I started out with fudge. It turned out awesome! Then I went to my personal favorite caramels. The first batch I left out an ingredient so they didn't turn out. The second batch was a double batch. I remembered all the the the ingredients but it started to burn so I took it off the stove and it hadn't cooked long enough so it was way to runny and grainy. At this point I decided to give up on the candy making. Seth wanted to give it a try, but sadly his attempt at toffee burned and smoked and ended up tasting really yucky. Candy was just not happening this year. I did get some cute pictures of the kids licking the spoons when I was making fudge though.


This little boy is a sugar addict. He cries and throws tantrums for cookies and candy and all things sweet. So imagine my surprise when I took him in for his 18 month check up(at 20 months) and he had dropped down from the 40th percentile(at 12 months old) for weight to the 20th percentile. I looked down over the chart that his doctor gave me and he has only gained 3 pounds in the last 11 months. The drop on the chart was big enough and that it caused his doctor to be concerned. So we are now on a mission to fatten this kid up. Brock has turned into a way picky eater so this going to be a challenge. He refuses to drink any kind of milk and his doctor believes that this is why he is so low on the charts. She wants me to try giving him a diet high in calcium and see if it will fatten him up. We also tossed around the idea that the silent acid reflux that plagued him as a baby could have never really gone away and could be the reason that he is being such a bad eater, so she gave me a new Rx for reflux medicine. She said that if by the end of the month of him being on the reflux medicine, he starts eating better that the silent reflux is probably what his problem is. His current weight is 24.5 pounds and his target weight is 27.5 pounds(average for his age). I told his doctor that I was going to let him eat all the Christmas fudge that we had in our fridge and see if that fattens him up a little. She laughed at that....little did she know that I was telling the truth.
1 comment:
Brock is so cute! I still can't believe that he is low on his weight! I would share with him if he asked really nice! j/k Love you!
Post a Comment