Two of Sydney's cousins had birthdays during the last couple of months and they both got Barbies at their parties. So it was no surprise to me when Sydney started asking for a Belle Barbie birthday cake and Barbies for her birthday. After last years horrible pink blob castle birthday cake. I decided I needed to pull out the big guns and ask my Aunt Raeann to help with the Belle cake. My Aunt makes beautiful wedding cakes and was very sweet to drive here from Enterprise to help me out.
The finished Belle Cake.
My Aunt made me do most of the work, although she did help me with figuring out how to use the different frosting tips and frosting bag, making the frosting thicker and giving me tips and encouragement when I got overwhelmed(which was a lot)
Thank you so much Aunt Raeann!!
The finished Belle Cake.My Aunt made me do most of the work, although she did help me with figuring out how to use the different frosting tips and frosting bag, making the frosting thicker and giving me tips and encouragement when I got overwhelmed(which was a lot)
Thank you so much Aunt Raeann!!
I have to say though making Sydney's birthday cake dreams come true was totally worth all the stress that it caused me in making the cake. When she saw her cake for the first time, she was so excited that her whole body just shook. She jumped up and down and squealed in the way that only little girls can and it was the cutest thing ever!
We woke Sydney up early the morning of her birthday so that she could open her presents before her Daddy had to go to work. She totally got spoiled with books and princess barbies. The rest of the day I had to babysit as usual but Sydney did have dance that day and got to take cookies into her dance class. After dance Grandma came over and brought Sydney and the babysitting kids some french fries. Sydney was pretty excited about that. For dinner Sydney wanted pizza and bread sticks and then we had her princess cake.
Grandma and Grandpa came over for cake and to watch Sydney blow out the candles
My little brother and his cute girlfriend, Shelby came over too. Sydney loves Shelby and was very excited to have her come over and play with her.
I tried getting some pictures of me and the kids but if it isn't one kid making funny faces.....
then it's the other kid. Oh well we had a great day. I can hardly believe that my little girl is 4. It seems like just yesterday Sydney was a teeny tiny baby! I love you big four year old girl!!
3 comments:
That is so fun! You did such an awesome job on that cake! What a good mom to do that for your little girl! I wish I could have been there for sydneys birthday!
I wish I could have been there the cake looked fabulous!!!!
that looks so fun! i still remember aunt Raean making me one of those barbie cakes (except i had a pink one) when i was little they are so fun!!
Post a Comment