Monday, January 24, 2011

Eye Shine

Me: Hey Sydney, Why are you turning off all the lights?
Sydney: So that we can see my eye shine.
Me: Oh of course, why didn't I think of that?
Sydney: Do you have eye shine like me Mommy?
Me: Yes Honey.
Sydney: Do boys have eye shine?
Me: Uh...Sure.
Sydney: Cleo kitty has eye shine.
Me: Yes, yes she does.
Sydney: Like me huh Mom.
Me: *sigh* Yes Sydney just like you.

It doesn't matter how many times I try to tell Sydney that she doesn't have eye shine like cats or like Dinosaurs, she still believes that she has eye shine too. She is constantly talking about eye shine, and will even ask her friends if they have eye shine too. I have given up trying to convince her that she doesn't have eye shine. It can't hurt anything if she believes that she has eye shine just like Cleo kitty, right? Someday she will figure it out....I hope.

(As I was writing this Sydney came up to me and pointed to the pictures of the black cat that I put up and she said:
S: Mommy what is that cats name?
Me: uh....midnight.
S: Oh that midnight kitty has eye shine like me huh Mommy.
Me: Yes honey it does.

See what did I tell you she is obsessed with eye shine.)

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I think that girl is hilarious! I love hearing about all of the funny things she says!

Leslie Banks said...

I want eye shine too