Sunday, January 9, 2011

52 Picture Project/Week 2

Okay so I really tried to think outside the box this week and try some different things when it came to subject matter. I played with food coloring and water and I tried doing bokeh shots of toys and decorations. I was mostly trying to look for fun creative things that I could take pictures of around the house. Anyway last night I started editing all the pictures and some of them where really kind of cool and I was having a hard time deciding what I was going to post this week. Well the decision was made for me when the main computer that I have most my pictures on crashed. So I looked on my lap top and I found two pictures that where a little different that I think I will post this week. Not exactly what I was planning for but they will work.

This one is different for me because #1 it of a cat and not my kids. #2 it is in black and white. I have been reading about all the different ways to create black and white images in photoshop, and this one was created using a gradient map. Granted I had no idea what I was doing or even if I used the gradient map right but I tried something different and that is the whole reason behind this picture project for me, to do and try different things. I also posted this picture so that I can compare the crop to the picture below.


I have also been thinking about the cropping of my pictures. A lot of my pictures have the subject dead center(like the above picture). I think that has kind of got ingrained in my thoughts that everything needs to be centered and perfect in a photograph. So I intentionally cropped this one different than I normally would. I wanted Cleo's cute face to stand out more, and I think that this crop helped do that.

I know that I have a lot to learn about photography, and it is fun having this picture project each week to try new and different things. I hope that some of you readers out there will do this with me.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those pictures look awesome. I like pictures that are off center I think they look so cool. I wish I had a nice camera so that I could do this project with you. I'm interested in photography but have no clue how to do anything lol.

Recovery Guru said...

Sarah just do it, it would be fun. You don't need a nice camera to take fun pictures. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Recovery Guru said...

Sarah by the end of the year I bet you will be a pro!