Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Crafty Stuff

Okay so I know that I still haven't blogged about Halloween or Thanksgiving(both were great) but I am lazy and I just don't have the time to sit and go through the pictures. Maybe someday soon I will do a picture overload post and get the blogging done. Lots has happened these last few months and I don't know if I will ever be able to catch up.

Anyway I have been making a few things and decided to post some pictures of them, because I am not usually a crafty person and it may never happen again. So here is documentation that yes occasionally I can do a craft or two.

My Grandma Banks who died earlier this year used to make these bead ornaments for family and friends. I still have mine that she made for me when I was little. I learned how to make this bell at a family reunion this summer and decided I wanted to try to make more for my tree. I made one bell last night. It took about and hour. Sydney broke it less then 24 hours later.

I still want to make some more for my tree, but I am going to have to try to find some tougher string to make them with.
My grandma also used to make the icicles. I have many many fond Christmas memories that involve seeing these icicles on my Christmas tree as a child. I was very excited to finally learn how to make these icicles and to put them on my Christmas tree.

As I got out my Christmas decorations I found an old Christmas wreath that looked a little sad, so I added some berries, pine cones, a pretty bow and the Believe sign and I kind of liked how it turned out. Anyway that's all from me for now.

3 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

Wow! Those all look great, you're so talented!

Mary Ann said...

I bet your Christmas tree looks so pretty! I wish I knew how to make those bells! You might have to teach me how! Sorry Sydney broke the one you made, it is really pretty! I'm excited to see you in a couple of weeks! Love you!

Sarah said...

I love love love the wreath!!!