Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things I have been making.....

I have been feeling pretty crafty lately. Probably its because of the new house and all the extra space I have to decorate with. I have been wanting to create and make stuff. So I got a used sewing machine. I am not a sewer and never have been. I thought a good starter project would be to make some throw pillows. I found some fabric and went crazy!!!
I didn't really use a pattern. I just got a bunch of pillows from D.I. and measured them and then started sewing. Some of them are a little bit special but for the most part I really like how much they brighten up the room!

I really had fun making the fabric flowers. I ended up hand sewing them, but even that was fun too! I think that my next sewing project will be a matching blanket. I love snuggling under blankets at night when I am watching T.V. or reading a book. Just need to find the fabric and pattern that I want to do.

I had some extra fabric left over from the pillows, so I recovered this lamp shade with it. I don't really love how it turned out but it was fun to make. I think I will probably end up replacing it with a different lamp shade but for now it's okay.
I spent a lot of time over Christmas refinishing this old dresser. We wanted a place to put our movies and DVD player that wouldn't be out on display for the kids to play with. Sense we moved into our house we didn't need this dresser anymore because our closet is huge so I thought it would be fun to refinish this and use it for our movies and DVD player.
It was a huge project but a had fun doing it. I really lived how it turned out! I am kicking myself for not taking a before and after picture.


One of my next project will be this window. I think that I will mostly just sand it and maybe put a glaze on it. The paint on it is super thick so I wont be able to sand it by hand. I've Just got to find some time to borrow my mom's sander so I can get it the way that I want it.


This is the other thing that I have been working hard at making! Our family of four is growing by one in September! I have been super tired and super sick. I honestly have not had such a hard first trimester before. I am 11 weeks now and finally starting to feel a tiny bit better. It's a good thing because I don't know how much longer I could have lived off of toast and sierra mist!


I know that this is my third pregnancy, but my tummy got big fast!! I was a little bit surprised at how fast this little one poked out. In this picture I am about 8 weeks, but I look like I am about 4 months! Sigh, gaining weight is my least favorite part of pregnancy!

I got to go in on Friday and get a super quick ultrasound of the baby. It was very wiggly and I was so relieved to see it's tiny little body moving inside of me.

We are so excited for this new little one to join our family. Sydney is sure it is a little girl. She wants her to have purple hair and she wants us to name her spirit. Brock is having a little harder time grasping the concept. He will sometimes comment about the baby in my tummy but I don't think he understands it just yet. Boy will this baby rock his little world!!!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Darling pillows! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! And btw, you look adorable!

Heather said...

Darling pillows! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! And btw, you look adorable!

Julie said...

Cute tummy sister. I need you to come help me refinish my hutch.

MAYBERRY said...

Congratulations and all your projects are great. I think the lamp looks great, even if you dont. I wish I had more time to get more of my orojects done.

Mariesa M. said...

Congrats! Your such a great mommy!

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

YAY! So excited for you =) Your pillows are darling!

jaesi said...

such cute things! i love the dresser. adorable.

I love love love your belly. congrats!

Sarah said...

Look at your cute tummy :) love it!!! oh and your crafts are cute too.

Tom and Juli said...

If you keep up with all the creative crafty stuff then we can't be friends anymore. I'm blaming pinterest. :)

Congrats on the pregnancy. I think you look super cute. I'm excited to find out what you're having!!

Emily Orison said...

Yeah so exciting! Super happy for you guys! You're such a super mom- How in the world do you have so much energy to be so crafty?! I'm jealous!

Emma said...

Oh my goodness, such great news! What a great little addition this little one will be!

And hello, cute stuff! I love those pillows and all the other stuff you've been busy with! Makes me want to get all my started projects DONE!

Melenie said...

Congratulations! I love pregnancy announcements!

ChrissyLee said...

first of all...CONGRATS on the new baby! how fun and exciting. second of all, cute crafts. i want to be crafty too. i might have to copy some of your stuff. :)