So the last few weeks I have felt like my brain has completely stopped working or it may not even be there at all. I have been doing and saying the dumbest things, and I have been forgetting everything! The only other time I remember feeling like my brain was this dumb was when I was pregnant with Sydney. And No I am not pregnant! I have no clue what in the world could happen that would suddenly make me so dumb literally overnight! I am going to give you an example about how dumb I have become. Are you ready for this? Please try not to laugh at me to loudly.
Monday morning I woke up and poured myself a bowl of multi grain cheerios, reached into the fridge to get the milk only to find that there was not any milk in my fridge. So I thought really hard about where the milk had gone because I know that I bought some when I went grocery shopping on Saturday. Most likely I left the milk at the check out stand. Sense I have had Sydney I have left grocery's at the check out stand probably about 6 or 7 times. So it seemed pretty likely to that was what I had done. Still a different part of my brain said; "Caralee I bet you left it in the trunk of you car." So I decided to check my trunk for the missing gallon of milk. I smoothed out my messy bed head, rubbed the mascara marks out from under my eyes, and made sure that my garments were tucked into my pajamas and went out to the carport to check in my trunk. Low and behold the gallon of milk was found. Only after being in the hot St. George sun for the last 48 hours it was looked more like cottage cheese than milk.
I decided to leave the milk it in the trunk and to go and get ready to go to my mom's house(her dog had puppies on Saturday. These puppies are really little and need to be feed from a syringe in order to keep them alive.) Then as I was leaving I could just drive over to the dumpster and throw away the nasty milk.
That was all good in theory but I (Hi! Remember me, the one with no brain.) forgot to throw the milk in the dumpster as I left. By the time I did remember the milk it was about five the evening. So I grabbed a garbage bag and went to retrieve the milk from my trunk. I opened the trunk to find cottage cheese all over everything in my trunk and the most offensive smell in the entire world, rotten milk smell! There is no smell to me that is worse then the smell of rotten curdled milk *gag*! So ya the uh milk carton had um exploded. All. Over. My. Trunk.
I tried cleaning it up the best I could without throwing up. I threw a few D.I. things away in our dumpster, along with a blanket that was covered in curdled milk. Then I tried to clean up the cottage cheese mess as best as I could before I started gagging and had to stop. I let Seth know about it a little while later and he also tired to clean up the mess, but Seth said that as he cleaned the cottage cheese stuff would just smear deeper in to the fabric in the trunk. Mean while that smell, you know the worst smell in the world, is spreading through the trunk and into my car. So uh ya my car now smells like rotten milk!
All of this is happened because I woke up one morning with my brain missing. So if anyone has seen my brain could you let me know. Or if anyone has an extra brain laying around some where I would so very much appreciate it if you wouldn't mind giving it to me because as you can see I am clearly not functioning very well with out mine and miss it dearly!
So I am off to try once more to scrub that smell out of my trunk, wish me luck!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Oh I feel for you. Anything spilling in the trunk is bad news, but milk spilling in the trunk is like 10x bad news. I'm sorry! Good luck getting the smell out. I wish I had some secret trick I could share, but I don't! Let us know how it goes.
YUCK! I dont want to imagine how bad that smell is, I feel for you!
Oh man, that has to be thee worst smell in the world and thee worst place to have a mess! I had a forgotten container of OJ left in my trunk once, it exploded and it smelt so bad... i feel for ya!
Hope your search for your missing brain ends quick, you can't afford to live life this way for long!
I feel sick now! well, this is regular for me since I'm at the beginning of a pregnancy! Don't worry, I sometimes put the milk in the cupboard and put the cup in the fridge, my hubby has to correct me! Brilliant i tellyou! I read somewhere that we lose brain cells when we have kids! I think it's that we have so much to worry about than just ourselves that we feel brain dead! At least that is what I tell myself! I would come and clean it with you ,but I know I would proably add to the mess! Great story, one to keep stored for days you need to laugh.......I seem to never run out of them!
I wish I could say something funny like "You can have my husband's brain because he doesn't use it anyway!" ;) But that would be rude and totally untrue because Wade is a really smart guy. Good thing he is, too, because like you, I feel like I'm losing my mind somedays. He keeps me on track! So if your brain doesn't show up, ask Seth if you can have his on loan or something...you never know, he may just go along with the idea! haha
Oh boy, that has to be awful. I gag way to easily or I would offer to help. Ray has always been the one to be with the kids when they are puking up.
Aboout the brain. Mine comes and goes. :) Wish I had an extra to share with you but I'm struggling to hang on to what I have left. lol
-Carolyn
I dont know you, but I was just blog surfing and found your blog. My little boy is a heart baby too. But I have some advice on the spoiled milk. Go to Walmart and get "Kids 'n' Pets Instant all-purpose stain and odor remover" soak the trunk in it and while there rent one of those Rug Dr carpet cleaners. If you have one just use that or else a shop vac will work to. This stuff is amazing. It is pretty cheap and I use it all the time. My little guy just threw up in his carseat on the way home from the cabin and it really does work. Good Luck with the whole loosing your mind thing. I seem to have lost my mind years ago and it doesnt seem to be getting better, only worse!
OH NO! Man, I have a really hard time with one measley sippy cup full of the yucky stuff that Maddi had decided to stash in some random place, let alone a whole trunk full... you are a tough woman! I would try the rug doctor thing too, at least it would extract all the yuck you can get out of there! Caralee, don't be too hard on yourself though, ok? You have been dealing with loads of stress, a very sick little girl, and a severe lack of sleep! If you're anything like me, functioning on no sleep is just a joke! :) I wish you the very very best of luck in finding your brain, maybe the two of ours are off having a vacation without us!
just reading your post makes me wanna gag! so Best of luck in the cleaning department...(i like to leave things liek that for spencer to clean up...haa haa)
I know the same thing has happened to me in my car in the back seat...a smoothie with milk in it...ugh.
So you go out and buy a bottle of Flebreeze and just dump the whole bottle on the spots in the trunk...
about your brain...it is fatigue in handling Sydney...I have some rna/dna for you to chew or drink much more water...you need more brain food... it is starving..for some nourishment...
good luck. robin
Oh my honey! That is pretty darn funny. My brain has also disappeared, although I do have the excuse that I'm prego. I'm sorry, but it can't be any worse than when you hit that skunk in HS can it? Oh, and Shay said she's bringing that check by tomorrow...sorry it took so long to get it to you. The comp is like brand new, tell Seth he is my hero!
This happened to a friend of mine, and literally her car stunk for 3 months even after it was deep cleaned. I know how bad it can smell, so I feel really bad for you and anyone that has to ride in your car. :)
AWWW! DAng it! That is the worst smell! Good luck getting it out. Eli spilled milk on our car mats once-- we ended having to throw them out.
Hey Sis, I left you a message on this post yesterday, but I don't know where it went. Hmmmm. Are you deleting my comments? J/K Anyway, I really wanted to see a picture of all that gross milk in your car. I know... kinda gross of me even to want to see it I know, but I did. Anyway, hope it is getting better. Miss you guys!
Dude! That sucks! If it helps any,Fabulous Feddy's on Bluff street is having a promotion where if you pay for a detail service (like shampooing the carpet in your trunk) you save 50 cents a gallon on gas. The detail service is about $40 dollars, but I think once you rented a rug doctor and got all the soap and stuff it would cost about that much anyways. About the brain thing, it happens to all of us. I once locked both my kids and 2 sets of keys in the van.
Post a Comment