Nothing much has been going on except that Sydney is sick....again, I am really getting tired of this. Normal people usually don't get as sick during the summer time, apparently Sydney is not normal(she never has liked to fallow the crowd!). Sydney just recovered from pneumonia, 3 yeast infections, and ear infections about 3 weeks ago and know she has come down with some type of virus infection with temps of 103. Sydney just started going to nursery the past two weeks and I am totally blaming that for her getting sick. Both weeks that she went we scanned all the children to make sure that none of them even had a runny nose, I guess we missed something because she now has raging fevers and is refusing to eat anything.
I asked her doctor what she thought and she said that Sydney's weak immune system comes from the fact that as a baby after her heart surgery we were instructed to keep Sydney as healthy as possible, away from germy sick people and public areas. We followed those instructions but because she was never introduced to all those everyday germs her immune system never really got a chance to fight off all those little germys. Add her heart condition on top of that and you get a kid that gets sick a lot. Thus the reason that if anyone even sneezes with in twenty feet of our little Sydney girl she runs a temp of 103.
Her doctor said that we should keep Sydney away from germy areas(nursery) for the next 3 weeks, so that she can start to build up her immune system again and hopefully stay relatively healthy for the next, oh I don't know,.... 3 weeks. I just know that once we start going around kids and germs again she will come down with the first thing that comes her way! *sigh!*
Wish me luck tonight, I have not been able to get Sydney's temp lower than 100 all day, most of the time it hangs out around 101.5 or higher. I hate the night time with sick children. Everything seems so much worse at night. You are sleeping peacefully and then all of the sudden your baby has a temp of 103 or higher, and your baby is screaming because you are making them take a bath to cool off their tiny little raging hot body! It is during those scary moments that I wish I wasn't the mom and that instead my mom was there telling me what to do(I am just very grateful that my mom doesn't mind when I call her at 2 in the morning frantic!)
I asked her doctor what she thought and she said that Sydney's weak immune system comes from the fact that as a baby after her heart surgery we were instructed to keep Sydney as healthy as possible, away from germy sick people and public areas. We followed those instructions but because she was never introduced to all those everyday germs her immune system never really got a chance to fight off all those little germys. Add her heart condition on top of that and you get a kid that gets sick a lot. Thus the reason that if anyone even sneezes with in twenty feet of our little Sydney girl she runs a temp of 103.
Her doctor said that we should keep Sydney away from germy areas(nursery) for the next 3 weeks, so that she can start to build up her immune system again and hopefully stay relatively healthy for the next, oh I don't know,.... 3 weeks. I just know that once we start going around kids and germs again she will come down with the first thing that comes her way! *sigh!*
Wish me luck tonight, I have not been able to get Sydney's temp lower than 100 all day, most of the time it hangs out around 101.5 or higher. I hate the night time with sick children. Everything seems so much worse at night. You are sleeping peacefully and then all of the sudden your baby has a temp of 103 or higher, and your baby is screaming because you are making them take a bath to cool off their tiny little raging hot body! It is during those scary moments that I wish I wasn't the mom and that instead my mom was there telling me what to do(I am just very grateful that my mom doesn't mind when I call her at 2 in the morning frantic!)


12 comments:
The problem with the Nursery is that all the kids in your ward may be well, but what about all the other kids from the other wards that left their germs behind. Maybe someone should lysol the toys afterward or something. That's what I have the Nursery leaders do in my ward anyway. Well hope I hope Sydney gets feeling better real soon.
We started Caden in Daycare in January, and let me tell you, we went to the doctor at least once or twice a week for months. It was horrible. Always sick, and there were several times that I just "knew" that we were going to get admitted to the hospital. Well, I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather or the fact that he's been going for 6 months (probably both) but he hasn't been sick (apart from the collapsed lung) for a couple months now. I'm knocking on wood!!! I know that feeling of wishing I had my mom there. I hate that feeling. I just want someone else to take over. I feel like I haven't been a mom long enough to just "know" what to do, but that's how you get to that point. :) Things will get better, and with any luck, she'll have her immune system really built up before the colder weather and it's germs come back around. Hang in there!
Poor little girl! I hope she starts feeling better soon so you can get some well deserved rest!
PS- I like the music on your playlist, and apparently so does Andi. "All I want to do" is playing and Andi is totally rocking out! Haha
Moms truly are the best and just think, Sydney is always going to remember you that way as well! Having sick kids is so hard, but at the same time it's nice to know that we are able to take care of them and we are who they want to take care of them. Good luck!
Poor little Sinney! She looks so sad and hot in that picture. Poor thing! Bring her to my house and we will take her to play in the lake. That will bring her temp down and it will be fun at the same time!!! Any spots yet? We sure hope she doesn't get them. Gracie prays for her cousins every prayer now along with the food and the ponies. I have been trying to tell her that she can pray for other things (that is when she added the "cousins." So hope you can feel the extra prayers coming your way!
I am so sorry. I don't want my kids to compromise Sydney so don't worry about going to Gavin's. We would love to see you, but we understand. I hope Sydney feels better soon!
No fun! I hope she gets feeling better soon and that her immune system will be stronger so that she can fight off these kinds of things next time. Hang in there!
I am so sad for you and Sydney. She is such a sweet spirit who brightens up every room she enters. We keep your family in our prayers every day and night. Good Luck!
I do hope that little Sydney is feeling better by now. I am sorry she has had such a run of sickie's lately. . no fun for all involved.
Just so you know. . .after I contracted influenza B in the spring my immune system has still not built up and I had to be released from my calling as the Nursery Leader because everytime I left church I was sick. I even took extra procautions by wiping down the toys each time they were put away with clorox wipes. Well, a couple of months ago the Primary President told me I could no longer do it because of the film or residue that was left on the toys and it being unsafe for the kids. What the heck? Never heard of that one before. UHG!!!
Carolyn Hardy came by on Saturday on their way home after Ashton's Cath and I gave her an IHH bag to get to you. She said your mom is in her ward. . .so hopefully you will get it :0)
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Q
Sweet Sydney...she doesn't deserve to be sick again! I really hope she can build up her little immune system. You just never know where those darn germs are coming from...whether it's church, play dates, the grocery store, or wherever else. I wish we could protect our little ones better, but as moms, we HAVE to get out of the house, or we go crazy, right? It's so hard sometimes.
Give Syd a cuddle for me! If anyone can comfort her best, it's her wonderful mommy! You were born to this, Caralee. And even when you don't feel like you know what you're doing, just know you're NOT alone. I feel the same way and want to call my mom for help everyday sometimes! There's no shame in that, and you know you can always call "home." Heavenly Father always seems to know what my kids need more than I do. :)
So sorry for little Sydney. It is no fun to be sick. And it seems like these heart kids get hit harder with it than the "normal" kids. Hope she is doing better.
Thanks for your concerns and comments. We really appreciate it.
We visited Carolyn Q. this weekend (they are an awesome family) and I have an IHH bag for you. There's a lot of fun things in there for you. :) Let me know if you just want me to give it to your mom or how you want me to get it to you.
-Carolyn H.
Post a Comment