Sense we have been back from getting Sydney's Echo at Primary's, Sydney seems to be going through a little bit of separation anxiety. She can't be in any room by herself for longer than two seconds, she is super clingy and wants to be entertained all day long. When I am sitting next to her and playing with toys she has to plop herself right into my lap while she plays. I have just about decided it is not worth it to try and get anything done around the house because Sydney is constantly following me from room to room whining, crying and pulling at my shirt to pick her up. So yesterday I decided to see if Sydney would like to "help" me get things done around the house. That seemed to work out great! She really loved "helping" me make cookies!

I love how right above Sydney is my "Give Thanks" sign, looking at this pictures reminds me of all the many things I have to be thankful for! #1 Sydney and #2........chocolate chip cookies!(just kidding about cookies being #2 on my gratitude list! Although on some days I am very grateful to have a cookie!)

Sydney loved pouring in the flour, sugar and chocolate chips.

She also loved snitching as many chocolate chips as she could....smart girl!

Sydney was so intent on stirring the cookie dough that I actually had to jump around, make funny noises and bang on stuff, to get her look up and smile at the camera!

I loved having Sydney "help" me make cookies, just as much as Sydney loved being a part of what I was doing. I think that instead of expecting Sydney to entertain herself I am going to have find more ways that she can "help" me around the house. Maybe she could learn how to do the dishes and fold the laundry next! (ha ha!)
16 comments:
emily just wore that same dress on Sunday, it is so cute and festive!!
She is a smart girl...she would pick up laundry, dishes, scrubbing toilets and everything else quite nicely I'm sure!
SUCH cute pictures. That dough looks sooooo good.
Soo cute!!! I can't believe how adorable those turned out! I love the dough on the nose! That's got to be fun to have her big enough to help.
Letting Kate "help" is the only way I get stuff done too. She has a mini vacuum, mop, and broom. It takes me longer to get stuff done but I think it's easier in the long run than trying to distract her while I'm doing my stuff.
So much fun, and the dough is sometimes better than the cookies themselves. I might just have to make us some.
It is so nice when they can start to help with the chores. Hey, Hazel has taught Savannah to fold the hand towels, and she is only 2. They are perfectly folded, but hey she is learning to help.
I meant to say "are not"
I love her hair.. she looks adorable!
Very cute pics, as always. The flour on the nose is soo cute!
Oh, that's just the cutest thing ever! What a great idea! I can't believe you were able to squeeze the camera in on top of all that. I have a problem refraining from the cookie dough, myself!
Ashlea
So I hope you saved me a cookie. Those are my favorite! Cute pictures of Sydney Joey! I have decided that it is better to work together with my kids. We get a lot more done and it is fun to spend some one on one time with them. My favorite is to have them help me do the dishes. I think we get more wet then we would otherwise but who cares? I am serious about that cookie, just looking at them makes me want one :)
Love ya,
LeAnn
Super cute post! She is so dang cute and who doesn't love a helper!
Isn't Sydney the cutest thing ever!!!
She looks so happy...
Cookies are the one thing that Becky and Brinley love to do together in the kitchen. I think the mess is half the fun!
Hugs,
Mike & Family
She looks like she is having the best time... What good helper :)
So adorable. good thoughts about your new helper...good way to get things done and she feels like she has some ownership. Good job.
That's exactly what I have to do with Macee now! Sydney looks so cute and festive! I want to go make cookies now!
She looks so BIG helping her mama! Such cute photos.
Post a Comment