I had such a great time at Time out for Women! The speakers were so motivational and all the music was amazing! Virginia Hinckley Pierce, was the surprise speaker, covering for another speaker that was sick, she spoke on the power of prayer. This was one of the first time she has spoke in public sense President Hinckley died, and it was an amazing talk!
My favorite speaker was Hillary Weeks. She sang a lot of songs from her new CD, "If I Only Had Today." I have always loved her music and have a few of her Cd's, but for some reason the songs on this particular CD really spoke to me. I bought her CD and have not been able to turn it off sense I have been home. Every women should have this CD, it is so powerful in all of its messages!
My other favorite speaker was Amanda Dickson. She is one of the funniest people I have ever seen, everyone was rolling down the isles she was so funny!! She had wonderful messages on finding Joy in the little things in life, and forgiving everyday so that you can more easily find joy and laughter in your life.
We also got to attend a concert on Friday night with Hillary Weeks and Jason Deere. Jason Deere and his band wrote the music for Joseph, and the Trek CD's. I have to admit that I have never heard his music but quickly fell in love with the powerful spirit behind his songs. I can't wait until I can buy his CD's!
I had an amazing weekend full of spiritual highs and wonderful insights. Time Out For Women is coming to St. George next November! I can hardly wait! If anyone gets the chance to go, do it! You wont be sorry!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like you had a relaxing time! It's always nice to have a break and rejuvinate yourself! I will have to remember that for next year!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It sounds like an amazing experience. Is it November next year, or like in a month and a half?
How fun! I went last year when it came to Minneapolis & I had such a good time as well!
And Hilary Weeks and John Deere are some of my vry favorites to listen to, I can't wait to get her new CD!
My sister went and said it was amazing. I will for sure be attending next year! I can't wait!
@Janese: November of next year, 2009.
My dear friend Caralee! How are you!! So glad to see life is good for you, and you have a darling little one :) Time out for Women is fantastic. I went.... well, probably 5 or years ago when it was in St. George. I loved it! Jason Deere is fabulous! You have to get the Nashville Tributes to Joseph Smith and Trek, tribute to the Pioneers. His songs are full of all sorts of emotions. Beautiful.
That sounds so fun! You deserved that little refresher. There's nothing better than a weekend with girls to do what you love. I'd never heard of this conference, so I'm glad they're coming to St. George. Is it November 2009 or next month?
Well, back to my Marcia McClure e-book. :) (Do you know how absolutely addicted I am to her?? I have a goal to read all 15 of her books in 6 weeks...)
OH, I would have loved to be in attendance too. That is great that you were able to go and get some "woman" nuorishment. I am sure it helped uplift you :0)
I am still planning on coming through in November and look forward to visiting with you if it still works out in your plans.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment