Sydney wasn't to sure about the snow at first. So I threw a snowball at her and she thought that is was fun after that. Sydney was fascinated by all the footprints that she made in the snow.
I am such a bad Mom, I kept trying to get Sydney to eat the snow! The first time I gave her a little she made a horrible face and spit it out. Then she got a taste of it by accident, and kept it in her mouth. After Sydney was done with her mouth full of snow she looked at me and said "Water!" After her discovery that snow tasted like ice and water, she loved eating the snow!
We had a great time in the snow! Finally Sydney's pants were all wet from sitting in the snow so we came inside and had a nice warm bath!Later this afternoon we went to Sydney cardiology appointment. Sydney wouldn't let the nurse check her vitals. She kicked and screamed as the nurse tried and tried to check her blood pressure and her pulse. I got out candy and new toys from the diaper bag but all that did was make a big mess as she screamed and cried and drooled red candy slime all over us. I finally had to just ask the nurse to stop. Then when her doctor came in it was the same thing all over again. Sydney really didn't want Dr. Etheridge to touch her at all. Because for the most part Sydney is doing so well and because Sydney is at a very difficult age for getting any tests done, Dr. Etheridge said we don't have to come back for a whole year! She said that when Sydney is 3 she can come back and she will get an echo and some other tests done. Unless we notice anything that causes us concern, then we would have to come in before she is 3. Dr. Etheridge is opptomistic that Sydney's next surgery may not be untill she is older than 3 or4. We really hope that is the case, the fewer surgeries the better! All in all it was a pretty good day!
*12/19/08*
Also this is a video of Sydney saying a few of her sight words. Enjoy!



13 comments:
Your pictures are always so cute, you must have a better camera than I do. You both look cute all bundled up for the snow!
AWW, I love the when our babies learn about new things and our influence to make them, just to see their reaction! It is so worth it to see their face.
Melenie- I really don't have a very good camera, I just take millions of pictures, then find the ones that are semi-decent and let picasa fix them to look even better!
Funny about the snow=water! I love hearing about kids reactions to new experiences. She's so cute.
Cute pictures! I thinik snow is so much more fun in St. George...but that just may be because I was younger and could play all day in it - when it would stick around that long.
What a cute little girl:) I love her coat, it looks so warm and cozy. She is getting so talkative and is such a smarty. I am sure it is fun to see what she will say next. Keep up the good work teaching her;)
yeah for snow! I love the snow, we took braxton out in the snow the other day to. Now he loves to play in it and wants to go out all the time. How is your little girl doing? How are you feeling?
I agree. Your snow looks more fun than our snow... Sydney looks adorable in her coat! Love love love it!
What a cute coat. The snow has been fun. I think I wouldn't mind it too much if it would snow every December here, just to have a white Christmas.
Despite her tantrum, I am glad that her appointment went so well and the doctor is optimistic! A whole year before her next appointment sounds great to you I am sure.
Cell phones make it so easy to capture any moment...and Carlos has a decent camera in his phone :) That's how we got the hand picture.
What a smart little girl you have on your hands! So funny that you were feeding her snow... snow is yummy!
Yey that she doesn't have to go back to the doctor for a year! Woohoo! Congrats!
It went from leaves to snow too fast for me! I love her pink coat. I'm so glad to hear that Sydney is doing well and doesn't have to go back for another year!
Post a Comment