Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!! We had a great Christmas, we were so blessed by so many people this year! I can only hope that someday we can repay all the kindness that we were shown!

We started out Christmas eve with a big family dinner and then we had all the kids (big and little) act out the nativity story! It was such a cute idea and we had lots of fun (except for Sydney who has been very sick for the past week!)

Eden(the angel) Grandpa(a sheep) and Kimball(a Shepherd)

Here is one of the cutest pictures of my Dad I have ever seen! My dad was a sheep from the nativity story! My sister LeAnn's little boys, were the shepherds. Tolman and Kimball would guide my dad around and jump on his back, it was adorable!

Sydney hated being an angel!

This picture pretty much sums up how Sydney felt all of Christmas Eve, and Christmas day!! She has a rotten cold, ear infections, a yeast infection and diarrhea from her antibiotics. She was feeling pretty darn sick and tired and was letting all of us know it! I have been awake with her for at least four to five hours every night sense Saturday and last night was no exception. Sydney woke up at around midnight, and fussed and cried for the rest of the night. Her poor little bottom was so sore, raw and red, and it made sleeping pretty much impossible for her. All her crying woke up my sister so we decided to wake up the rest of the family and open presents at about 4 a.m.! It has been a tradition for many years now to wake up really early on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought, this morning was no different!

Sydney pretty much didn't want anything to do with most of her presents, she just felt to darn sick to take in any of the magic of Christmas morning. She mostly sat around with no diaper on because it was hurting her so much, eating candy from her stocking. Seth and I would open her presents and show them to her, but most of the time she just sat and fussed and cried! She did really love this art kit that my Mom bought for her, she would open it up take things out, tell me the colors and then put them all back in again!

A rare smile from my tired little girl! Please ignore the dark circles under my eyes. Having no sleep this week has effected the mommy too!

Sydney was super spoiled this Christmas, she got a baby doll that cries, and a rocking dog, movies, toys, clothes, and new coat and candy! Even though she felt so very rotten all morning, after she got a few hours sleep she felt good enough to play with some of her toys! She really liked making her baby doll cry(should I be worried?). It was a wonderful Christmas!
Here she is falling asleep as she sits watching all the present opening.


Finally at around six o'clock this morning, Sydney decided that she would let go and go to sleep on the floor, right in the middle of all the Christmas hubbub. She slept for about 3 and a half hours. I was so exhausted that I curled up on the couch and took a nap too!


So we had our ultrasound on the 23rd and we decided to wait until Christmas to let everyone know what we are having! We are having a.............Boy!

We are both very excited! I am not sure what I am going to do with a little boy, and in fact I am a little bit nervous about it. I know that he will fit in well with our little family and I really can't wait until he gets here and I can snuggle him up on my chest!

Also we got a really good look of his heart and it seems to look very good! My specialist was able to rule out many of the different heart defects so that was a big relief to us!

Anyway I really hope that everyone had the greatest of Christmas's!

19 comments:

Barbara said...

Yay I guessed right on your poll! Dont be nervous about having a boy! They are so easy! Cant wait till I can see your angel!

Eggleston Family said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you. You will make a great mommy to a baby boy, just make sure you watch out for the missles(diaper changing and flying pee).

Christina said...

Congratulations! A boy how fun. I am so glad that his heart looked good!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

No fun that Sydney was not feeling all that great on Christmas. I'm sorry for her and you. No sleep is no fun.

CONGRATS on baby boy Baker! Boys are a ton of fun, but then again I don't know any different. But, I'm sure they bring a whole different angle to being a mommy. I'm so happy he looks healthy too! Congrats again!

Jess said...

Congrats on the little boy! It is so nice to have one of each, but I think boys are way easier:)

Julie said...

I told you I felt boy vibes coming from your direction! I am so excited for you! He is going to be so cute! Hope Sydney is feeling better. Poor thing. How sad to be sick for Christmas!!! Love you sister. Be good and talk to you later.

Julie said...

Oh and I love the nativity pictures too. Wish we could have been there...

MAYBERRY said...

Congrats on a little boy! So sorry Sydney didn't feel good. Being sick on Christmas is just no fun.

Megan said...

Looks like you guys had a very Merry Christmas. Sorry Sydney was so sick :(. A BOY!!! That is so exciting. I think we are going to get our sono next week. At least I am going to beg our Dr. to let us get it next week!! I keep dreaming about having a baby boy. So we will see!!
Megan

Melenie said...

How sad to be so sick on Christmas. :( Poor little girl, hopefully she'll get better soon.

What fun to have a boy next!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you--a little boy!

Catherine said...

Wahoo...a boy! That's way exciting to hear. Your dad is super cute with his grandkids. And I love that Syd fell asleep on the floor with her baby. But I'm sorry she was having such a hard time this week being sick and all. My kids were a little onery on Christmas, too. I hope Sydney feels better soon, so we can see more of her sweet smile!

Brandi Schall said...

I hope Sydney is feeling better! Congrats on having a boy! I agree with what you said, it will just feel perfect when he gets here!

Crystal said...

Congrats on a baby boy! They really are so fun.

And total bummer that Sydney was sick. I hope next Christmas is better.

Spencer and Mindy said...

CONGRATS on baby BOY!

Emily Orison said...

Oh boy!!! Get ready for a totally different child. (my experience anyway) That is a great idea to have a Nativity party for Christmas.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby boy and nice holiday. Happy new year.

Carlos said...

Yea! A little boy! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm sorry Sydney has been sick, it must be even more exhausting being prego too! Hey, I have a butload of newborn boy stuff that Orden only wore like once or twice because he was so big when he was born. You're more than welcome to pick through them and borrow what you wish!

Recovery Guru said...

Oh Janese, that would be an answer to my prayers! I have been so stressed about how in the world I was going to get a boy wardrobe for this little squirt!