
So Sydney has been learning so many new words the past few weeks. It is so fun to hear her copy almost everything we say! Sometimes I am shocked with the many things that she knows and says. I know that all her knowledge has been swimming around in her head for a awhile and only now has she figured out how to say all the things that she knows.
Over the last few months we have got a few Preschool Prep DVDs for her to watch. She loves them, and now knows most of her colors, shapes, numbers and about twenty sight words. I have made flash cards of all the sight words on her movies and some extra ones that I think she should know. Surprisingly she recognizes most of them! Her favorite sight words that she says over and over are, see, my, on, she and had.
My very favorite thing is when she comes up to me wanting something. She will look at me, say and sign "Pweese Momma!" and then she pauses for a second before saying "Wuv oo!"(Love you). Of course by the time she has said all of that she knows that I will give her anything that she wants!
Yesterday she was playing in her room with Bria. They would jump on her bed and play with her toys and puzzles. Her new thing is to take her friends with her into her room, yell "Bye-Bye" to me and close the door. I of course go and open her door after a few minutes to check on her. She just runs at me and yells "Bye-Bye" and closes the door again, and continues to play with her friends. So Yesterday I was working on the computer and I kept hearing her saying over and over "on,on,on,on,on" I wasn't sure what she was talking about so I peeked into her room. Sydney was standing next to her window looking at her blinking Christmas lights that I had put in her room. She stood there in front of her window just watching her lights blink, very mesmerized, chanting over and over "on,on,on,on" with the blinking of her lights as the turned on over and over. It reminded me of a dumb blonde joke, Beginning with "How do you keep a blonde busy?" Only in this case it would have been "How do you keep a toddler busy?" One thing is for sure Sydney never fails to keep me laughing.
4 comments:
What a smartie pants! I bet she is so fun! I love this age.
You need to post some videos of her talking and saying some of these things.
Ah the sweetness of babies. We sure love your blog. Great job, Carolee. Come over and let us look at your tummy sometime!!!!
What a beautiul little girl. I ran across your blog while leaving a comment on another Truncus blog. Our daughter, Isabella will be two next week. She was also born with Truncus. We are also expecting a baby in May. This will be baby number four for us. Feel free to check us out at isabellagudde.blogspot.com
Megan
Post a Comment