Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Playing in the Leaves

I love that all the leaves have finally started falling off of the trees! As a child I always loved to play in the leaves, with my sisters. My favorite thing to do was rake all the leaves into a huge pile and then take turns jumping in them, or covering ourselves with them. Sometimes we would have huge leaf fights which was also so much fun! After we were done jumping and playing, I loved to just lay down on top of the leaves. I would watch the tree branches as one by one the orange, yellow and red leafs would fall to the ground. I will always remember the musty outdoors smell of the leaves all around me, the feeling of the crisp cold air on my fingers and the tip of my nose, and the nearly bare branches outlined by the bright blue autumn sky. Yes! I love the fall season best of all! So you can imagine the excitement that I felt when all the leaves in my yard began to fall off of the trees!

Sydney has been sick with the croup, so I had to wait for a few days before I took her outside to experience how fun playing in the leaves can be! The very first thing I did was grab a handful of leaves and throw them up in the air. Sydney burst into fits of giggles! We then spent at least a half hour just throwing leaves into the air and watching them fall back down. Each time Sydney laughed and giggled. Then we took turns visiting all the trees that had leaves on the ground. We probably spent about an an hour and a half just throwing, kicking, examining and getting buried in the leaves! Needless to say I was in heaven, and I totally love the fact that Sydney finally enjoys playing in the leaves as much as I do!

Yesterday I remembered to bring my camera outside when we went to play in the leaves. I took about a million shots and thankfully a few of them turned out!






I am not quite sure what happened in this picture. We might have stayed outside a little to long. So Sydney got a little hungry and decided to try and eat her "Poppy". Or Sydney has decided that she would see what being a Mommy dog was like, and carry the baby puppy around in her mouth.

13 comments:

Shay Tayler and Levi said...

love the pics. so cute

Catherine said...

Hey you have the same background me! We must have the same taste. ;) I love these pics of Sydney! You can tell there's pure joy in your eyes playing in the leaves. I especially love the last one with her poppy in her mouth. Emily used to do that with her puppy.

Brooke Bennett said...

So Cute! Playing in the leaves is so much fun!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

How fun.. I love the cool crisp days and playing in the leaves too!

Anonymous said...

I love the leaves, too. Cute pictures of Sydney and her Poppy

Julie said...

Cute pictures sis. It is so strange to me though that you guys are still having fall when it has turned in to full fledged winter here! I almost died today skidding on the ice in my van! I want to come back there where the roads aren't covered with an inch of ICE! I want to play in the leaves again!

MAYBERRY said...

I use to play in the leaves also as a kid. We use to make houses out of them.

Love the pictures of Syndey. Ashton was giggling at them and the cute faces she makes.

Caden said...

Awww... it looks like she had a blast!!! How have you been feeling?

Ashlea

McDuffie Family said...

Love the leaves and all the fun things that can come from them. You're such a fun mom!

Carlos said...

Looks like you two had fun! I'm glad to see the poppy is hanging in there...who knew it could last through so much love :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It is for sure about time for the leaves to come. I can't believe how warm it has been and how long they lasted. The thought has crossed my mind how fun it will be next year when Nathan wants to play in the leaves! I can't wait!

Alyssa said...

There's something awesome about leaves...they make the best pictures. Sydney is such a cutie! It's my favorite every time I come over and she takes my hand and just leads me to some random place. A fun guessing game! :)

Recovery Guru said...

Alyssa try having her do that all day every day....not so fun after awhile!