Friday, November 21, 2008

A Few Videos

This first video is of Sydney and Taylor jumping on Sydney's bed. I made Sydney's crib into a toddler bed, because I was pulling muscles in my back and shoulders when I would pick Sydney up. Sydney loves to crawl into her bed all by herself and when its time for her to sleep we just push her bed up against that wall and she can't get out. One of Sydney and Taylors favorite things to do is go in Sydney's room and jump on the bed. After they are done doing that they usually close themselves in her room and just sit and play with her toys. It is so fun watching them play and interact with each other. It makes me kind of sad though that my little girl is growing up.



This clip is Sydney telling me her ABC's. Sydney has been able to point and say the correct letter when asked to, for about four or five months now. A few weeks ago I decided to see if she knew her ABC's in sign language as well. I was amazed to see that she recognized almost all of her letters in sign. This is not something I have thought her, she learned it from watching signing time. Sydney does get a little confused with the letter k,w,m, and q because they are similar to other letters in sign but the rest she can recognize on demand. She loves to shout out all the letters that she sees when we are driving down the road or entering a store or when we are reading books together. Sometimes she will just sit down to a book all by herself and say all the letters that she sees. Sydney tries really hard to make the ABC's signs with her hands. When she does she usually runs to me all excited showing me the sign that she just made. Her favorite ABC's signs are d and p. Also Sydney is teaching herself some sight words. The other day we were at the computer playing a game and the word "walk" came one the screen. Before I would say anything Sydney had said the word out loud, she also knows the word baby, and dog. I am constantly amazed at how smart this little girl is, I think she just may teacher herself to read before to much longer.


8 comments:

Shay Tayler and Levi said...

i love it. that's so cute. i'm glad tayler doesn't miss me to bad while i'm working

Catherine said...

What silly little monkies! Cute videos. Emily has fallen off her bed so many times that now I have taught her we jump with our bums on the bed rather than our feet. It's hilarious to watch her sit on her bed and bounce away!

Emma said...

Very impressive! I can't believe she knows so much of her ABC's in sign! You're such a good Momma!

Christina said...

Okay so that is so cute hearing her tell you the ABC's:) It is always so amazing to me how much little kids know. Such fun!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Dang what a smarty! I for sure want to get that signing times video. How old was Sydney when she started watching it?

Recovery Guru said...

Pam, I think that we started watching Signing Time around the time Sydney turned one maybe a little earlier than that. But if you start with Baby Signing Time(with is just as great as normal Signing Time but with more music) I think you can start around 6 months of age. They have the movies for pretty cheap ($12-$14) at amazon market place.

Unknown said...

SmART Girl!!

Unknown said...

SmART Girl!!