Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We are having an alien

Here is the ultrasound picture of our little alien. Sorry it is so blurry! Our scanner is not hooked up so I just took a picture of the picture....thus the blur! It was so fun to see this little baby wiggle all over the screen. This baby was so wiggly that the tech was having a hard time getting all the measurements that she needed. It was such a relief to see this baby moving and wiggling, I have had nightmares that this ultrasound would reveal something wrong with this baby, but there it was with all the right parts just moving and grooving away in my tummy!

The doctor didn't know why I was having contractions and cramping, the only thing that he said is when they happen to stay down and rest. Something I have already been doing so he wasn't all that helpful. He also said that it was to early to examine this baby's heart other then the fact that it's heart was indeed beating (which it was!). So I will be going again to get a more in depth ultrasound on Dec. 23rd. If they don't find what they are looking for at this ultrasound then they will send me up to Salt Lake and have a fetal echo done. Then he wants me to come at least one other time in my third trimester to get an additional ultrasound just to make sure that there was nothing missed. I guess one of the good things about having so many ultrasounds is that we will defiantly know what gender this baby will be.

For the most part I am feeling a lot of relief that this baby is fine and growing inside me. I don't know what is going on with all these contractions and cramping, or why I am having them all the time. I do know that my body reacts in strange ways that sometimes are not detectable by doctors. Maybe this is just how my body is choosing to handle this pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Sydney I started to have lots of contractions around 6 or 7 months. These contractions caused me have to be down a lot, 3-4 times I actually went into labor. So maybe my body is just doing the same things with this pregnancy, but it is just starting earlier this time. I guess I will just have to accept what is happening, try to listen to my body better, and take it easy when my body starts sending me the signals. I have a feeling that May 13 is going to take forever to get here!

9 comments:

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Reading this made me remember how stressful pregnancy is, but how gratifying in the end. Hang in there!! You have such a good attitude about it. I'm wishing you the best!

Heather said...

Okay, this is going to sound totally crazy, but with my last pregnancy, I had a lot of cramping and contractions early on also. They lasted the entire pregnancy, actually. And by the end, I found a pattern...Seriously, whenever it would rain or be overcast outside, my contractions would increase in pain and frequency. Totally random, but it never failed. If it was going to rain, I was in bed for the next few days. I hope things get better for you!! Your baby is so beautiful already!

Haven said...

Yay! I had more problems the second time around. Hang in there, take it easy, rest a lot. That's all I can say and you know all that already. :P

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I have totally been slacking with blogging / commenting lately. Sorry! No fun that you are having contractions and cramps already. Don't stress out worrying too much. It is all in the Lord's hands.

Too funny in that last post that Sydney is now freaking out when she see's the camera. We have a nephew that does the same thing.

Eggleston Family said...

I remember exactly what you are going thru, I have been there. Its hard to go to a doctor to have no answers. I did that for 8 years so believe me I know. Iam glad everything looks great and I cant wait to find out what you are having!!

Carlos said...

I'm glad that everything looks good with your little one! I was worried!!! Keep us informed and I hope your contractions go away and you can enjoy Sydney and this new pregnancy!!

Julie said...

Oh! What a cute little alien! I love your sweet little BOY already! He is so sweet! Hope you are feeling good today. I will call you later. I miss you!

Christina said...

What a cute little alien you have there. I have the feeling you are having a boy this time for some reason. I guess only time will tell. Good luck with the next appointment and hopefully the doctor will have better advice next time:)

Alyssa said...

Hang in there! Just take it easy this pregnancy (I know...oxymoron when you have a toddler), and we'll be praying for things to work out for you! I love watching babies in ultrasounds! So exciting. The good thing about this pregnancy is you get to have so many ultrasounds! Those are my favorite! (Especially in the third trimester when they LOOK like babies and do the 4-D ultrasound...so cool!)