Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

For Halloween Sydney was her favorite thing....a doggy! The first few times that she wore her costume she loved it! As soon as she got that Doggy hood on she would dance around the room and by the look on her face you knew that she was in heaven! The novelty of being a Doggy must have worn out because last night I had to practically force my little monster into her costume, she was really pretty grumpy!

We went to our ward trunk-r-treat and then over to visit "bump-pa" for more candy! Then we went to a Halloween party with some of Seth's friends from work. It was the very first time that we had ever seen "Pumpkin Bowling"(sorry no pictures!). They had filled soda bottles with water and set them up like bowling pins then everyone rolled pumpkins and tried to knock all the "pins" down. It was so fun! Sydney loved it, she laughed and would yell "oops" and "uh-oh" when the pins got knocked over. I tied for first place in the first round! This is a game that I can't wait to play again! We had a fun Halloween!

The only disappointing part was that Sydney wont eat her Halloween candy! I thought that she would be in heaven with all the candy that she could eat. I was so wrong, she didn't want to eat any of it! I had visions of my little girl digging into her Halloween bag, wrappers all around her and her face covered in chocolate.....so cute right! I blame myself for this not happening. Mostly because she has never seen or eaten a candy bar. The only thing that she is familiar with are Smarties, suckers and Sixlets(her favorite potty treat). We will have to work on getting her to like her Halloween candy..................if not then (sigh) more for us! *wink*

Sydney with her two favorite "poppies" (Janese do you recognize that little puppy? It is Sydney's favorite toy! She loves it so much that it has lost one of its ears from all of its trips through the washing machine!)
Finally cheesing for the camera

A few of the cousins, at Grandma's party. Tolman, Sydney, Eden, and Kimball.

The pirates who don't do anything......argg!
Grandma bought both Sydney and Eden a doggy costume but Eden decided that she was going to be a princess for the party. On Halloween night Eden finally decided to be a dinosaur. A cute girly dinosaur with a flower in its hair and a pretty purple necklace!

The Phantom of the Opera meets Cat Women
Aunt Mary and Uncle Jake.


Happy Halloween everyone!!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cutest doggie I have seen. Her makeup is perfect. Sounds like you had fun.

Aleisha said...

Sydney is adorable! Pumpkin bowling sounds awesome.

Catherine said...

I want to pumpkin bowl with you, Caralee. Sounds awesome! I love Sydney as a doggy-how perfect for her!

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

I love her doggie costume!! She looks so stinkin cute in it... Sounds like you had a great Halloween:)

Carlos said...

She made a way cute puppy dog! You'll probably be glad in the future that she doesn't have a huge love of candy...and I'm glad she loves that puppy. I'm sure he is a lot more loved with her than he would have been sitting on a shelf at my house.

McDuffie Family said...

Happy late Halloween to you guys! Sydney looked adorable! HOw did you get her to wear the makeup? my girls kept wiping at theirs, so I finally took it off! I'm glad you heard the heartbeat of your new little one!

Alyssa said...

What a cutie girl! Love the face paint!