From that day on Sydney has been a die hard Abba fan. She goes around singing her favorite song "Honey Honey" all day long(and her other favorite song the ABC's). Her face lights up and she gets so excited when we play it on the CD player and she asks us to repeat the song over and over as she dances to the music. She even asks me to sing it to her at night after we say our prayers before she goes to bed. Lately she has changed the words from "Honey Honey" to "Honey puppy" or "Honey kitty" and yesterday all day she was going around singing "Honey pig". Not only does she go around singing her made up Honey song she also expects me to sing it to. She loves it when I chime in and sing "honey puppy" or Honey pig" with her. Although I think that this love of Abba is dang cute and I love that she is so into music right now. I also know that "Honey Honey" isn't the best of songs. Yes, the theme of the song is about s-e-x(gasp), although they never actually say the word. I also know that she is to young to understand the meaning and that she just thinks that it is a really great song. So for now I guess that I will just roll with it and let her keep her love of Abba and her "honey song". I am sure she will grow out of it and hopefully her next favorite song with be something age appropriate like "The Wheels on the Bus".
6 comments:
I like honey pig the best. Ha ha ha. She makes me laugh! Love her!
We love the Mamma Mia soundtrack at our house as well! Addy loves to sing Honey Honey as well. The play is much better than the movie!!
I LOVE the movie and soundtrack! I came home from the movie and downloaded it the same night! No worries...my kids know the lyrics too! I think it's way cute how Sydney changes the words though!
We've never seen this movie but when it was being advertized Andrina would sing along with "Mama Mia!". Now she sings, "Mama Mia let me go!"
She's never listened to either of those songs more then a few times but she sings this little (made up?) version all the time.
Now I think I want to see it!
That is hilarious! We too love Mamma Mia! I actually had the Honey Honey song as my ring tone for Carlos till I got my new phone....sigh. I'm with Julie...Honey Pig is the best one!
Mama mia fan lots longer than you...Abba was my fav band in college...you were not even here yet, let alone Syd...Brock and your adorable hubby...so ditto girlfriend.
Post a Comment