Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dear So and So

Dear Summer,
Come back! I miss you! I just can't believe that you are gone, and that it is already September! Why did you leave us so fast? Was it something I said? Were you terribly offended that we chose to potty train Sydney instead of spending time outside with you(between you and me the time would have been better spent with you) If I could take it all back I would! Seriously, I miss your wonderful lazy mornings, the ice cream just because, and playing in the water. We did not get enough of you!

until we meet again,
The Baker family

Dear Chunk,
STOP growing!!!

Love,
the mommy that has to buy all your clothes

Dear STILL not potty trained little girl,

I am so tired of all the shenanigans when it comes to the potty! Don't you know that pull ups are expensive? Despite what you think, I am not a potty treats and sticker dispenser. I am a Mommy and I have feelings too! Right now I am feeling frustrated and a little bit taken advantage of. Sometimes I wonder if you only like me for my treats and stickers. Unless I see some serious improvement soon I am going to refuse to potty train you. Ever. You can go to kindergarten in diapers!

p.s. you do not get that new Abby Cadabby doll or any other toy, treat, sticker or cheeto until you start going potty on the big girl potty again!

Love,
The lady who scrubs all the pee off the carpet

3 comments:

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

Oh my gosh Caralee I am soo happy I found your blog. It's great seeing pictures of your beautiful family and seeing what you've been up to since high school! I bawled when I read the story of your baby girl! Oh my gosh what a miracle baby she is. Keep posting, I love reading about your family!

Catherine said...

Keep these coming girl! They are soooooo refreshing to read. I've been trying to have more of a sense of humor, and it always helps to read your blog. I just love you and the good example you are. Good luck with the potty training. If she's not ready, then no worries! It will come...and probably before kindergarten. ;)

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

potty training is the worst! Seriously, it is worse for moms than kids- good luck, keep trying, she'll get it eventually!