Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mean Mommy

Today was the very first time I made Brocky cry himself to sleep. He cried and cried and finally grabbed his blanket and rubbed it on his face. I think he just might turn out to be a blanket kid like his sister. I felt like the meanest mom ever watching him cry. I knew if I picked him up he would have fallen right to sleep but seriously this kid needs to learn how to fall asleep by himself and to stay asleep.
This is how I found him just the other day. Asleep with his fingers in his mouth! He his such a naughty little stinker!

6 comments:

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

He is growing up fast! I love the picture with his fingers in his mouth.. He is going to be a heartbreaker =) It's the worst listening to them cry.. Hopefully he catches on fast!

Aleisha said...

ohh, he is so sweet!

Emma said...

My little one is doing the same thing this very moment and I don't feel bad at all! A tears will be worth it in the end!

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

I hated listening to my kids cry themselves to sleep but it was worth it in the end, they always slept better afterwards. I hope that every night gets easier on you and him.

PS- He's such a handsome little boy.

Morgan said...

I am absolutely, %100, ALL FOR sleep training. I feel insensitive for even saying it, but I didn't even feel bad when my kids were crying themselves to sleep. It usually only happend 2-3 nights and then they were good!

Sarah said...

I don't even recognize him anymore, Sob!