The Good: Sydney's heart looks good. She sat still enough during her echo that they got a good enough picture of her heart and it look pretty good to her cardiologist. Yahoo!! No heart surgery for us at the moment!!
The Bad: Sydney's Cardiologist is very concerned about Sydney getting sick all the time. She is also concerned about her weight and the fact that she stops eating and drinking when she gets sick. She thinks that maybe Sydney has some type of autoimmune disorder. With Sydney's specific type of heart condition, there is also something called DiGeorge syndrome that is often associated it. Sydney tested negative for DiGeorge Syndrome but her cardiologist is worried that there may be some type of autoimmune disorder and her t-cells that could be related to the reason that her immune system is so crappy. They will most likely refer us to a immunologist to get further tests to determine what, if anything, she has. Mean while we need to keep her out of public places and try to fatten her up a little. This will be hard to do because Sydney is a very picky eater.
Sydney looked so sick when her doctor came in that it kind of freaked her out a little. Sydney's face was so pale and she had dark circles under her eyes, she looked like death! I was kind of glad that she was so sick at the appointment so that her doctor could see what I see when Sydney is so so sick. She wants to see Sydney again in a few months, because she was so concerned about the way that she looked and how sick she was getting.
So that is about all. I am so relieved and grateful that we don't have to face open heart surgery #2 just yet, but I am a little worried about this new immune system issue. I will keep everyone updated as to what we find out about it. Anyway thanks everyone for all the comments and prayers, I felt them all and they helped me to stay strong today! I need to get off the computer and pay attention to my sick little girl, her temp has reached 103, its is time for a bath to cool her down.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Girl, you amaze me.
I have often thought of you when my own little one's are sick and draw strength from all that you've been through with Sydney & continue to go through. We'll keep you all in our prayers! God bless!!
I'm glad everything went well and Sydney's heart is looking good! I hope they can figure out why she keeps getting sick so that busy little girl can stay busy! Love ya!
I'm glad to know that Sydney's heart looked good. Brinley has had alot of the same issues with weight gain, but she seems relatively healthy otherwise and doesn't get sick very often. The doctors just said that around this age they seem to only eat when they want and what they want...that still doesn't help her weight...
Hugs,
Mike
IHH
I'm so glad her heart is still okay. I hope that if there is something wrong with her immune system they will find it and nip it in the bud! But first and foremost we're praying there's nothing wrong and she'll just get better and everything will be okay.
Post a Comment