Friday, August 13, 2010

Sydney's Teeth

Sydney went in this morning to get her teeth worked on. She got two fillings in her top front teeth and she got a silver cap put on a tiny molar in the back. We had to get up really early and Sydney had to be fasting, but surprisingly Sydney did so good. I on the other hand had all kinds of anxiety that always comes when ever Sydney has any type of procedure done. I did really good though, I only cried as the anesthesiologist took her away. It brought back some of those same feeling that I had when Sydney was a baby and was wheeled away from me in her tiny little hospital crib on her way to have open heart surgery. Two very different situations but two very similar feelings. Feelings of anxiety, fear of the unknown, helplessness and of not being in control, washed over me and I could not hold back my tears. The procedure only lasted about an hour and then Sydney was right back in my arms again. She was pretty sad and cried a lot, but she did a lot better after the I.V. was out of her arm. After they let us leave, we went to Grandma's house to pick up Brock and Sydney threw up all over my Mom's living room, me, herself and her blankets. We stayed at my Mom's until Sydney was a little bit better and then came home. She has been very good at home and is now playing and acting like nothing happened. She loves looking in the mirror at her silver tooth, she thinks it is awesome!

Sitting by Daddy and showing us her teeth before she went back to get them fixed



Cuddling with Grandma, after she threw up. You can see it in her face that she still does not feel good!


Laying on Grandma's couch and cuddling with her blankets. She did such a good job and I am sooo very proud of her!! When did she get to be such a big girl?

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow! Poor little Sydney Girl! I wish I could have been there to snuggle with her too! You can see in her face how sick she looks in those two pictures! I'm glad everything went okay! She is so strong! I just love that little girl!

Sarah said...

Poor Sydney. Well at least she likes her silver tooth. Hopefully you dont have to do any thing like that again for a while.

Emily Orison said...

Dental work at the hospital, that's no fun. I'm sure you must be worrying about that every time she gets candy.