Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My little boy is a reader!!!

Brock LOVES to read books!!! He has always been a little bit obsessed with letters, and now that he has discovered that all of those amazing letters can be made into words he is even more obsessed.
He will sit and read books all day long. It is super cute to look around for him only to find him sitting next to the book shelf with books scattered all around him quietly looking through all the books and reading to himself.
He loves any book that has letters, shapes and numbers in them. He has memorized all his letters, his numbers 1-11, and most of his colors(black, green, yellow, white, red and blue). He is starting to memorize shapes too. He knows: heart, square, oval, circle, and star.
He is going awesome with his sight words! He knows: of, eat, so, apple, have, for, book, no, here, dog, cat, the, jump, Sydney, sissy, Dad, cow, Mom, you, me, said, see, all, and, ball, up, my, is, Brock, go, off, on, and we. Those are all the I know for sure that he had memorized but I know that he knows more than that!
His favorite book right now is "One Pups Up" and any of the "Gerald and Piggy" books by Mo Williams. He also likes any books with flaps or animals.

Next I am going to work on more sight words and recognizing the sight words in the books that we read together. I am so proud of my big reader boy!! He is getting so big, and not so much a baby any more. I can't believe that he will be two in less then a month!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow! You are such an awesome mom! You do such a good job teaching your kids especially with having babysitting kids at your house all of the time! It was so fun to check your blog and find new posts! I love hearing about your cute fun kiddos!

Sarah said...

He is so smart!!! Good job having such smart babies!!!