Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sydney's Nose

I took the kids to the Hidden Vally Park a few weeks ago. Sydney was finally brave enough to climb on the rope webs that are strung between some of the playground equipment. She was having an awesome time playing with Bria and stopped paying attention to what she was doing. She slipped and fell about five feet from the top of the ropes. I saw it happen in slow motion from where I was with Brock. I saw her land and I thought for sure that she had broke something by the way that she fell. I ran the ten feet to her and picked her up. Her nose immediately started bleeding. I plugged her nose with my fingers and told Bria to grab Brock's hand and follow me to the bathroom. We got into the bathroom and stopped the bleeding on her then swollen nose. I inspected the rest of her and by some miracle, she had not hurt any other part of her body. I thought that for sure she would have broke her ankle or wrist from the way that she feel but she didn't. She is one tough little girl!!

Not only that but I thought that for sure she was going to be to chicken to climb on the ropes the next time that we went to that park. We went again about a week later and to my surprise she wasn't chicken at all. She started climbing again and didn't even think twice about it. She even fell from the same spot again, but luckily her Dad was right there to catch her. What a brave little girl I have!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor Sydney. You have such great kids I love them so much!!!