Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sydney loves Kisses and Tags!

Last night right before bed time Sydney started to give me slobbery kisses all over my face! She would get this intent look in her eyes, open her mouth and launch herself at my face, it was so funny! I was covered in slobber but I felt so loved! Seth got out the camera to try to get a picture, but Sydney has learned that when the camera is aimed in her direction she should smile at it. We tried and we tried to get her to give me more kisses but she just wanted to stare at the camera!
Sydney loves to spend time with her Daddy. I hope that soon we can get some good pictures of her two new teeth, they are so cute! I think that she has more coming in, she is sooooo grumpy and will not nurse. She is even having a hard time with drinking her bottle. She will try to drink from it but takes one drink, winces and pushes the bottle away! I am worried that she is going to get dehydrated, unless I get her to drink more. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do I would welcome them!
Sydney's newest fascination are the tags on her toys and her blankets. She can be super grumpy, but show her a tag and she will stop crying and play with it.
Here Sydney is playing with yet another tag! Sometimes I think that she likes the tags more then she likes the toys!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Kate was the same way with tags! After I bought her new toys, I left the tags on because they would entertain her as much, if not more, than the toy itself!

Sorry about the teething.. it's awful! Kate never stopped eating because of it though.. the only time she didn't eat good was when she had a sore throat/ear infection. I would watch for ear tugging because my doc told me babies don't eat good when they have earaches! Good luck!

Brandi Schall said...

Ca-ute new layout! Love it! That is so funny about the tags! What a silly girl.

As for the teething, my kids wanted to nurse, nurse, nurse when teething. You could try some ice water in a sippy, the harder spout and cold drink might feel soothing on those gums! Or they have those net feeder things, you could put ice or frozen fruit in. But I don't know what to do about nursing! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

caralee,

I use hylands teething tablets...they work with the body to help take away the pain...my girls love them...also try alternating tylenol and ibuprofen every 4 hours, or even go to the store, and they have some bite size popsicles, which are perfect size for little kids, my girls love them...oh, walmart is the best place to get teething tablets, and target is the best place to get meds since they have generic...if you need anything call me :) (on my cell phone, not the house phone)

stephanie whiting

Recovery Guru said...

Thanks for the advice I will try them, she is so fussy! It kills me that I can't give her the relief that she needs!-caralee

Alyssa said...

Cute background! Hey, have you tried Orajel (that's likely a very stupid question). Ian hates it when I put it on his gums, but it numbs it so that he stops crying afterwards. Plus we give him Motrin and Tylenol (not together). Those make life just a bit more bearable with a teething baby. Oh, and we're starting a Thursday play group at Georgia's at 10 a.m. if you're interested (anyone else living in St. George is welcome).

Julie said...

So in that picture of you and Sydney you kind of look like MaryAnn. That is what I think anyway. Yes we really have lightening bugs. I will try to take some pictures. And we are going to the lake tonight. I will try and get some good pictures there too. Anyway. I am awfully lonely for my sisters. I hope you are being good. Love ya, Julieo

Crystal said...

Hi Caralee. Your Sydney is a DOLL! You look so good too! Good luck with the teething...it's the worst!

Crystal (Fawson)
themickelsens.blogspot.com

Haven said...

Awww...I'm sorry to hear she's having a tough time with her teeth. Baby Ora-gel worked really well with Sonora. It numbs the gums and then a little Infants Tylenol for the rest.