Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Eggs

I decided to be brave and try to dye easter eggs with the babysitting kids and Sydney. For the most part everyone did really good with no major messes. Sydney was a little confused and kept crushing the eggs. She loves to help me cook things, especially when we are using eggs. Usually I let her help me crack the eggs open.Today she kept trying to crack the eggs open and then put them in the dye, I think that she ruined about 4 eggs until I finally gave her a plastic easter egg to play with in the dye. She had a great time stirring the egg with a spoon and making a mess.
Sydney's first attempt at dyeing an egg. She did really well for a little bit, until I found her egg crushed in two pieces in the dye bowl.

Stirring her egg
Finally I gave up on the real eggs and here is Sydney with her plastic egg.


Bria dying her blue easter egg
Kitura showing off her green egg and green fingers. She had a great time mixing her eggs into different dye's. At one point she was combined all the different colors to mack a black dye.
The finished product. Which she happily crushed right after I was done taking the picture.

3 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You are BRAVE! Good for you!

Hey, do you want to come to a DoTerra thing next Tuesday night in St. George? Let me know!

Barbara said...

So fun! I am going to attempt to do the same thing with Brayden. He is so excited!

Jamey said...

You are so good for doing so much and only have one month left until baby comes! You must have more energy than me! Hope you had a great Easter, and good luck this next month!