Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy

Okay so I got tagged by Juli to make a list of the top 10 things that make me happy. So here it is.

#1 Hearing my kids giggle.

I don't know what it is but the sound of my children giggling is the best sound in the whole wide world. There is just something in the innocence of it that makes my heart swell with happiness. If could only hear one thing for the rest of my life it would be that sound!

#2 A good, no a great book, with no interruptions from the kids

I am and always have been a reader. I love finding a great book and snuggling in my bed to read. Before I had kids I would read for hours at a time with no interruptions. Now that I have kids I read for twenty minutes here and 10 minutes there. A really great day is if I can read for a hour or so during nap time, with no little kiddos clamoring for my attention.

speaking of nap time....
#3 a good nap
I have always loved naps! I would take a nap everyday if I could! After having kids my naps are few and far between but when I get them oh boy do I enjoy them! Seriously is there anything better than a Sunday afternoon nap, or an any afternoon nap?

#4 Naptime and bedtime
....for the kiddos. Nuf said.

#5 Taking pictures

I have always been interested in photography but lately I have really learned to love it. There is just something about capturing a beautiful moment on film. A moment that you can look at and remember forever. I am always suprised by how different pictures make me feel and how they take me back to that same moment and I remember how and what I was feeling as I took them.

#6 Making things
I dosen't matter if it is a hair bow, a cute picture or cookies.... I like to create things. Granted I am not very good at most of that creativitie stuff but there is some type of calming influence that comes over me as I make things. When I am finished I always feel more realaxed, and happier than when I started.

#7 Oreo's
Oh man I love them, double stuff, mint. MMMMM! My fat tummy and thunder thighs don't love them but man oh man my taste buds do!!!

#8 Lazy Morning
Mornings spent in bed snuggling with my children and my hubby are my favorite. I love waking up having they're little(and big) bodies nestled against me. We talk and laugh and tickle each other and I know that on mornings like that nothing can go wrong in the world. That is my joy!

#9 Green smoothies
I love having my green smoothies everyday. They give me so much energy and I love that I am taking the time to give my body the nutrients that it needs, and craves. They also give me that extra little nudge I need to start feeding my family better too.

#10 Babies
Brand new little tiny babies. It seems lately that I am surrounded by them and I love it! There is just something special about those precious little spirits that just make me smile when ever I am around them. I have heard people say that they don't love the baby baby stage with their kids, but that stage is and always have been my favorite. Those tiny little bodies are so innocent and my heart just melts and swells 4 sizes to big when I get to cuddle those little bundles on my chest! *Sigh* If there was a job where I could just sit around and hold brand new babies all day I would be in heaven!

Okay so I tag MaryAnn and Janese to do this tag. Have fun!!

1 comment:

Tom and Juli said...

I am SO with you on #10, So many people have told me that they don't like the newborn stage, but I just love it. I love having their little bodies cuddled up with me, I love taking naps with my newborns, and I love nursing a newborn (once they are good at latching without much assistance).