Anyway I took my kids out and did a photo shoot of them yesterday. Brock was due for his one year old pictures. I was very frustrated during it because I could not get them to do anything that way that I wanted them to. They where grumpy!!! I have this perfect picture in my mind of how I want the pictures to turn out and then my kids don't sit still and don't look at the camera I get so frustrated. Anyway here are a few of the pictures that I thought turned out okay.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Honesty
Okay so I have been thinking for some time now about learning more about photography and picture editing and maybe going into business taking pictures. I have always loved photography but have never really done much with it until I started taking pictures of my kids. Slowly over time I feel like I have gotten a little better at all this picture taking stuff, although I know that I still have a lot to learn when it comes to cameras and lighting and angles. So my question to you is what do you think? You have all seen the pictures that I have done on this blog and yes some are very basic but I feel that some of the rest have come out pretty good. I am always my worst critic and I am worried that others will be a nit picky as I am when it comes to the pictures that I take. Please people be honest! I know that there are a lot of people out there that can take a decent picture. I know that I can take a decent picture, even a good picture but are they good enough to charge for? Also I want to know if anyone would be interested in wanting me to take pictures of their kids/babies/family(need to be in or around St. George please) so that I could get some practice at doing different kinds of shoots. It would all be for free, of course. I feel like I need practice, practice, practice, before I would feel comfortable charging for taking pictures.
Anyway I took my kids out and did a photo shoot of them yesterday. Brock was due for his one year old pictures. I was very frustrated during it because I could not get them to do anything that way that I wanted them to. They where grumpy!!! I have this perfect picture in my mind of how I want the pictures to turn out and then my kids don't sit still and don't look at the camera I get so frustrated. Anyway here are a few of the pictures that I thought turned out okay.
The only picture that the kids actually sat still for and there are sun spots in it! Bah!


I am so picky...this one would be cute if Sydney didn't have such a creepy smile.







Anyway I took my kids out and did a photo shoot of them yesterday. Brock was due for his one year old pictures. I was very frustrated during it because I could not get them to do anything that way that I wanted them to. They where grumpy!!! I have this perfect picture in my mind of how I want the pictures to turn out and then my kids don't sit still and don't look at the camera I get so frustrated. Anyway here are a few of the pictures that I thought turned out okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
free? You totally should charge people, I've always thought you take great pictures.
seriously, I think they look great. I've always admired the pictures you've put up! You do a great job. You can take pictures of my kids anytime!!
I love these pictures! I honestly think you could charge. Go for it!
I think you take amazing pictures! I would pay you to take pictures! I really love the pictures you took of your cute kiddos in this post. I even love the ones where they aren't looking at the camera because it just shows that they are kids and they are curious! I wish I was in St. George and you could take my picture!
Sydney did not have a creepy smile. Seriously they are good caralee.
These ones look fantastic, but my all my time favorite ones are naked Brock in a Christmas box and with lights all over. :) I think you should go for it and make a business out of it! Good luck, friend!
I love the sad pictures, too. Since when do kids smile at you all day long? Capture what is, sister! Capture what is! You do a great job. I especially love the b&w pics.
these are really good Caralee!
i have flirted with the same thing but decided against it because a) i don't have time b) i don't like the pressure of making other people happy or living up to their expectations. c) I don't have patience for it.
But I have taken a lot of photography classes and this is what I have learned. Lighting is everything & the editing program you use will make all the difference & make up for what you lack at times.
What kind of camera do you have?
Understanding all the camera lingo is hard but once you do, you will be a better photographer.
I was just looking at other links from a friend's blog and found yours.
We live in st. george. I am pregnant with our second baby. You are welcome to use us to practice on, i would love it.
McKenzey
My email is mckenzey_watts@yahoo.com
Post a Comment