Friday, October 12, 2007

9 months old

Today Sydney went in for her nine month check up and I finally got to ask her doctor about why Sydney's face turns purple when she is cold. Her doctor didn't think that it was anything to be worried about as long as Sydney's coloring goes back to normal when she warms up. I don't remember the exact wording she used but she said something to the effect that when her body temperature lowers her blood vessels constrict, and somehow causes the bluish-purple around her mouth. She also said that it had nothing to do with her heart, which made me feel so much better.
Sydney only grew about one pound since her last visit, she now weighs 17.3 pounds. This puts her in the 24th percentile, at her sixth month check up she was in the 37th percentile. She only grew half an inch this time so she is still in the 87th percentile for length, at a tall 28.7 inches. Her head circumference is 16.5 inches, this puts her in the 6th percentile, at her 6 month check-up her head was in the 11 percentile so this number is also down.
Sydney has learned 2 new words she was ya-ya and na-na (no-no)! She will start to screech na-na when I am cleaning her face or getting her dressed! She also has started to growl when she is crawling around, it is so funny to hear this loud growling noise as the crawls after the things she wants. I have been trying to get it on camera but haven't succeeded yet.
Sydney has been so funny lately, she has started to explore around the house. These pictures were taken in the kitchen under the table. I love to see her explore every where that she can get to. She also likes to crawl under the computer desk and pull at the cables, this is something that her Daddy doesn't like but I think that it is so funny!

5 comments:

Emma said...

Oh good, I am so glad that she is okay! She's looks so much older in those pictures.

Holly Woolsey said...

Those pictures are so cute!

Carlos said...

Glad to hear everything went okay at the Dr. office. The pictures are so cute! I can't believe how big Sydney is getting!

Julie said...

Hiya sis, Sammy likes to pull at all the cables too, and has actually succeeded in turning off the computer before. Our kids are still way too little to be getting into so much trouble!!!! Sydney is lookin' so wild in her bad to the bone clothes. What a cutie!

Jess said...

She is such a cutie! Glad to hear that her purple mouth doesn't have anything to do with her heart! She really is getting so big!