Saturday, October 20, 2007

I've been tagged by Crystal

The rules: Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people.


1. I absolutely positively hate feet! I think that they are the grossest most disgusting thing on a persons body! I refuse to touch(shudder) anyones feet and I absolutely refuse to let anyone (shudder) touch my feet. When I see someone giving a foot rub I can't help but watch in fascination that someone could actually think that it is a nice, happy, feel-good, romantic kind of thing! My brother thinks that it is hilarious to see how nonchalantly close he can get his feet to me until I can't handle it and either punch him or move to a different seat. To my utmost horror Sydney has started to notice peoples feet, she will crawl over to them and play with their toes, she loves it when they have nail polish on. It is all I can do to not run over screaming for her to stop!

2. I am super claustrophobic, I really really hate small enclosed crowded places! I can't handle having my face or neck close to anything that is restricting, or be any wear that I can't breathe fresh air: steamy bathrooms, blankets, Turtleneck sweaters, T-shirts that have a high collar, elevators, certain necklaces. When I cuddle with Seth I have to have my head away from his so that I can breathe fresh air! When I sleep at night I have to have one arm and one leg out of the covers so that I have control of the blankets, so they can't possibly reach up and strangle me in the middle of the night! That scene in Star Wars when the walls are slowly closing in on them.......that is what nightmares are made of!!!!

3. I loved my old job working with preschool children that had autism. There are some things that just come easy for me and working with these children was a dream come true! I also love the behavior management skills that it involved when working with these children, again something that comes easy for me. I love trying to get into the child's head and trying to see what makes them tick, learning new ways to bring them out of their autistic world and into ours was the most thrilling and challenging part of my job. Someday I will go back to school and get my degree so that I can again make a difference with these autistic children.

4. I love to shop! I love to shop for clothes! I love to shop for sales! Nothing makes me feel better like a new shirt or a new pair of jeans. Bonus points if it is in sale or found at T.J. Maxx or Ross! Since Sydney was born I have transfered all of my obsessive shopping on her, she now has more clothes than she needs, but oh how cute she looks!

5. Given a night out on the town or a night at home cuddling on the couch with a movie, I would choose home every time. I am such a home body that it is border line reclusive. I love the feel of my home, the peace and comfort I get from being at home is like no other. I do like to get out and be with my family and friends but sometimes the act of leaving is really hard for me. I guess I don't trust the outside world very much it can be a scary place, and I know what to expect when I am safe at home. Also there is nothing like coming back home to the ones that I love!

6. I am one of those funny people that totally rock out to music in their car, the one that is bouncing and swaying with the music that most people will notice and laugh at. When I am alone and driving down the road nothing makes me feel happier then to sing with the radio like I am on American Idol! Not only do I belt it out in the car, I also love to sing when I am cleaning or cooking or just hanging out with Sydney. I will turn on the music really loud and sing out with all my heart. I get so swept up in the music that usually I will grab Sydney and dance with her as I sing.

I am tagging: LeAnn, Julie, Janese, Alyssa, Pam, Brandi, and Emma.

9 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I so don't like touching feet either, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my feet rubbed. Scott seriously rubs my feet almost nightly! hehe :)

Crystal said...

Good list Caralee!! I am sooo with you on rocking out--I do the exact same thing with Lincoln!

And I'm like the worlds biggest homebody too. I would much rather rent a movie & get take out than go to a movie & eat at a restaurant.

Brandi Schall said...

I actually encourage AJ to fall asleep in the car when I'm driving on road trips so I can rock out in private! We'll have to drive somewhere and have a little singing party!

Emma said...

Rocking out in the car is something Andrina & I do ALL the time. We are in the car a lot it seems so we've got some killer moves, quite fun. The other day we got some strange looks from an old couple, we just kept rocking... Kevin was so embarrassed by us.

Jess said...

That is so funny that you hate feet! My husband is going to be a podiatrist. He has seen some pretty nasty stuff! Does that make you shudder?
PS I rock out too:)

Recovery Guru said...

Oh Jess that really does gross me out! I could not imagine having to go to work and look at feet all day..yuck!

Julie said...

Thanks a lot sister..... hmmmm. what can I say about you on my blog to embarrass you in retaliation?

Carlos said...

Caralee, I'll do the tag this week when I have the time.

Haven said...

*lol* Your foot fetish totally reminds me of my sister! She's a complete foot phobe! I sent her that portion and she laughed.