For Halloween Sydney is going to be a ballerina! My Mom bought her this Tutu but it was to big so yesterday she fixed it so that it would fit Sydney's skinny little waist. Sydney hated the Tutu! We tried it on her and she freaked out, crying, lunging at me and saying over and over, Mama mama na-na-na(no-no-no). When she had it on she refused to touch it, instead she would hold her arms up next to her head and fuss and cry. Sydney has always been very tactile defensive, I think that she just really didn't like the feel of the fabric one her bare arms. So the mean mom that I am, I have been making Sydney wear her tutu for short periods of time. I am trying to get her so that she is desensitized to the feel of the tutu so that she can still wear it for Halloween!
This morning when I was getting Sydney dressed she started to turn a little purple around her mouth. You can kind of see it in this picture. This is usually how she looks when she gets chilled in the house after her bath or when I am getting her dressed. When she gets really cold she turns a dark bluish-purple around her nose and mouth, this really freaks me out even though her doctor said it isn't that big a deal.In this video Sydney is waving bye-bye, she is also throwing a mini little tantrum because she is wearing her tutu. Sydney has been waving bye-bye for a few weeks now, but only yesterday did she start doing it when someone was doing it to her. She usually waves better, but the fact that she is wearing the tutu is kind of making her crazy!

7 comments:
I can totally relate with you! Anna is so picky on what fabric she wears. I have had the hardest time getting her a Halloween costume because everything is too itchy! And Sunday dresses are always hard to find because a lot use the netting.
She looks so cute in the Tutu!! I love it! Good luck on Halloween! Hopefully she we'll put up with it!
I think we are all mean moms that way! I do stuff like that too all the time. Good luck with it--she looks adorable in it!
Oh man...if I had a girl she's be in a tutu like 90% of the time. That's the cutest thing EVER!!!
That is so stinkin cute. A tutu, I think it might be the only girly item that we don't own for Kate. And after seeing those pictures, I think I need to invest! She is a doll!
BTW--I just tagged you...see my blog for details.
Sheridan loves to watch the "Sydney Shows" over and over. Too cute!
Post a Comment