Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Niagara Falls

One day of our trip we went to Niagara Falls, it was so COLD! We had to rent a van so that all of us could go together, then drive for about an hour to Buffalo, New York. The drive was beautiful, all the trees had changed into wonderful fall colors, bright reds, yellows, and oranges. Every direction you looked you were surrounded be these huge trees, I found myself wishing for a clearing so that I could see more of New York. When we finally reached the Falls, on the other side of the waterfall in the distance you can see Canada.
Niagara Falls was so cold and windy and wet, that we really only stayed long enough to get pictures and then left. Next time we visit the falls it will have to be in the summer when the spray from the water will fill nice and refreshing and not like falling icicles! Niagara is so breathtaking in how huge and beautiful that it is!




Sydney was such a good trooper through all this, she was really great on all the long car rides and she did amazing on the airplane! I am such a worry wart when it comes to Sydney that I have refused to travel with her up until this point, but she did great and I am not longer so worried to travel!


We came to PA as a surprise for my sister Julie's birthday. It was so much fun to see Julie and my cute niece Gracie and my nephew Sammy, they have grown so much since I saw them last.

Sammy and Sydney thought they were so cool driving those car carts at the store! By that way the grocery stores back East are HUGE, they look so nice and fancy!

More pictures of our trip are coming!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't believe you went to PA! As a SURPRISE!! So fantastic. Tell Julie happy birthday...I remember her from our old orchestra days :)

Holly Woolsey said...

I didn't know you went back there! That's awesome! My dad served his mission New York and was in the Hill Comorah Pagaent. We went back there when I was in middle school. I loved it and would go back in a heart beat any day!