Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sick Sydney!!!

Sydney has been so sick the last few days, it started out on Tuesday with just a temp of around 101 degrees and diarrhea. That night I woke up at 3 in the morning and felt like I should check on Sydney, her temp was 103.5 and climbing! I immediately woke her up gave her medicine and put her in a tepid bath. All that day Sydney had high temps and she was very lethargic, it was all I could do to even get her to drink her bottle. We went in to see her doctor around 3 in the afternoon, Dr. Smith ruled out ear infections and decided to give her a catheter to check her urine for a possible urinary tract infection, after that we went and got her blood tested to rule out any bacterial infection. To make a long story short we still don't know for sure what is making her sick. Sydney's Doctor thinks she has a really bad viral infection and told us not to let her be around any children while she still has a fever. This afternoon I finally got her fever to come down below 100, which is the lowest I have been able to get it to go for the past three days!

This morning she had a temp of 103 again so we gave her a bath, after that I sat her on the floor for a minute while I was getting ready. I knew she must still feel sick because she laid down on her blankie and fell asleep right there on the floor!


Despite her high fevers she still had enough energy for a rousing game of Peek-a-boo with her Mommy!




8 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

Poor little thing. I hope she gets feeling better soon, so she can enjoy Christmas if anything! Now my being semi-sickly the last few days doesn't seem so bad. :)

Jess said...

Oh man! I hate it when my kids are sick! Cute video though:)

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Poor girl! The "sick" is definitely going around. I hope she feels better soon!

Emma said...

Poor little Sydney! I hope she gets better soon and can enjoy Christmas and YOU can have a break!

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how high her fever is. I hope she gets better soon.

Crystal said...

PS that video is so cute! She has the sweetest little laugh :)

Unknown said...

poor baby! Hope she gets over it quickly. My niece woke up last night with that lovely barky croup cough. i pray Jake doesn't get it.

Brooke Bennett said...

What a sweet girl! I hope she gets feeling better soon!