Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Miracle

As many of you know this has been a very difficult year for me and my family. Sydney having her surgery, the long hospital stays, and helping Sydney through her recovery. The trials that seem to be at every turn has been very stressful and emotionally draining. The only reason we made it through those long hard months were the many prayers offered from our family and friends and ward members. We were able to live for many months with out my income because of the many money donations from family and friends and ward members. Because of this we were allowed to focus all of our attention on our tiny baby and making sure that she recovered fully from her life threatening surgery. I know that with out all the love and support and prayers from all the many people in our lives, we never would had been able to make it through what was the hardest trial of our lives! Surviving those few months seemed to be a true miracle in our eyes!

Our family has yet again been blessed with another miracle. Sydney's surgery left us with many bills that for the most part we have been able to pay. We were notified in October of a $1400 hundred dollar bill that our insurance was not going to cover, frantically we came up with the money, using all the savings we had in our Emergency Fund. We also had to come up with the money for a new AC unit that died on us over the summer needless to say we were broke. With Christmas approaching I have felt a lot of stress wondering how we were going to be able to afford gifts for our family and friends, when we had nothing in our savings. To our joy we were informed that most of the $1400 hundred dollars was going to be refunded to us from our insurance. Overjoyed I made a budget as to how we were going to spend this unexpected money. A new car seat for Sydney, a few bills, gifts for family and friends and a small trip to Salt Lake the weekend before Christmas to spend time with Seth's family, since they just had a new baby we also budgeted for a few nights in a hotel. As I added it all up I realized that we needed another two hundred dollars for our food for the rest of the month. I had no idea where this money was going to come from, worried, I tried to redo the budget, but we still came up short. Last night after Sydney had gone to bed we heard a knock on the door, we answered it to find two men from our Bishopric standing on our door step. We invited them in, has we shook hands with them they handed us an envelope from the ward. Inside the envelope was exactly two hundred dollars, I saw this money and burst into tears.

How was it that they came to us with the exact amount of money that we were lacking. A true Christmas miracle! I am so humbled at the ways our Heavenly Father chooses to bless us through his earthy angels. He truly knows each and every one of us, he knows our weaknesses, our trials and our worries. He knows that we must struggle in darkness and pain in order to feel joy as we experience the light if his love. Those small glimpses of his light that push away the darkness can be so overwhelmingly beautiful, and for a moment make all the trials worth the struggle and pain! I am so thankful for our wonderful ward and the giving people who donated money yet again to those that are in need. I am thankful for a Heavenly who truly knows me and what I am going through. Most of all I am thankful of the hope that Christmas miracles bring. A hope for a better time, a time with less struggles more giving and more joy.

15 comments:

Emma said...

Okay that brought me to tears!
I am constantly amazed at the amount of faith you have & how you continue to be such an amazing Mother & example to the rest of us!

Congrats on your Christmas miracle, you deserve every bit of it.

Crystal said...

That's amazing! A Christmas miracle for sure. We've had experiences like that over the years and I'm always awed by how everything works out, when it is seemingly impossible.

I'm so happy for you guys!!

Jamey said...

I had goosebumps! You can really feel the Saviors love for each of us, especially at this time of year! Merry Christmas!

Carlos said...

Thank you for sharing that with me! I can't imagine how much your testimony has been strengthened this year, your family has gone through so much! Wow, I love ya Caralee!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas miracle--what a beautiful story. I can't imagine how hard things have been the past year, and I am so happy things are getting better.
We can't wait to see all of you when you come up!

Emily Orison said...

That is so awesome you have such wonderful people in your ward, but the insurance company refunding your money? That is a miracle!

But the best miracle of all is the cute little girl you got there. So glad she is happy, healthy, and a little smartie pants too!

Recovery Guru said...

I know Emily, it was also a miracle that we got our money back! I also agree with you that Sydney is the best miracle of all!

Robin Keith said...

wow, what a wonder...you just never know. we have been the recipent on a couple of occasions...man just happens to care about us all.

Jess said...

That truly is a Christmas miracle!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

What a great message. It really made me think of everything I have and to be grateful! Your little girl is a miracle and a beautiful one at that!

Holly Woolsey said...

It is so amazing to think of how aware our Heavenly Father truly is of us and how he uses those around us to bring blessings into our lives. I think that while we feel blessed by their actions, it's easy to forget that they too are blessed and the great feelings it was able to bring to them for being able to help. I'm so happy everything has worked out so well for you!

jaesi said...

how wonderful. So glad that it all worked out.

Brad & Amy said...

I don't really know who you are but we have a mutual friend (Katie Eyre) a few months ago when you wrote about your daughter's story it really hit home for me. My baby sister was born 20 years ago this coming Sunday. She too had truncus arteriosus when she was born. The test also showed that she only had two chambers in her heart. 20 years ago the doctors did not give my parents any hope that she would live two days let alone two weeks. Her life was a miracle to our family. She ended up passing at 32 months old during her fourth open heart surgery. At the time she was a medical miracle because they did not know how to treat both conditions--everything they did was an experiment. After she died, my parents donated her heart to science so that further research could be conducted on her particular heart conditions. My parents have gone through many of the same experiences that I have read on your blog. I was just thinking about being a young child and recieving so many "Christmas Miracles." Watching other people make sacrifices for my family has always made me love Christmas. Thanks for sharing your story.

Haven said...

That was an amazing story! I too am glad that we have a loving Heavenly Father who understands what we need and will provide for us when we can't. *hugs*

Heather said...

That is so beautiful! You are sooo loved!!!