Sydney was able to fight her high temps all the way into the next day, so we called her doctor to see if we could take her on our planned weekend trip to visit family in Salt Lake. The doctor agreed, stating that she wasn't contagious any more and to make sure we kept her extra warm. So we packed up our stuff and headed north, the car ride there was great we only had to stop once for potty breaks. We checked into our hotel then immediately left to visit with Seth's brothers family, who have an adorable new three week old baby boy, Elijah. We spent a great evening with them, then went back to our hotel for the night, we were so tired. Sydney didn't sleep well during the night she seemed to be up every half hour until she woke up for good at 5 in the morning.
It was about then that we noticed three things; one, we were in a smoking room, two, Sydney's face, arms, chest and back were covered in a rash and three, Sydney had came down with a cough. Since it was Saturday I called my mom instead of the doctors office. My mom said that when I was little and I would get a virus, I usually became allergic to that virus and would develop a rash all over my body. She said that the rash would sometimes last a week and when it was over I would sometimes have bruises from the welts that would pop up from the rash. Poor little Sydney she was so miserable, we went to the store for some medicine and soothing lotion for her. Then Sydney and I spent the afternoon snuggled in our king size bed in our new nonsmoking room, where Sydney took a four hour nap!
Sunday her rash was worse, it had spread all over her face and even on her eye lids! We went to church with or family and watched baby Elijah get blessed, then headed home soon after lunch. Sydney was so sick that she slept for almost four hours again, and then woke up around beaver. This little trip was so hard on Sydney and us that we were very relieved to come home!
Now that we are home Sydney is acting a little better! I have been able to get her to eat,(she was on a hunger strike during our trip) and her rash isn't has bad as it was! She still has a cough but that will clear up soon I hope. I can't wait until we can visit Seth's family again we really did have so much fun, we just need to make sure Sydney isn't sick next time so we can enjoy ourselves more!
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Sydney! And I'm so sorry for you guys too! It is so hard to have sick kids. I hope she starts feeling better soon!
Major bummer for everyone! I'm glad Sydney is starting to feel better! Keep us updated!
Poor baby! Kids can be super sensitive to irritants (ie cigarette smoke). What a trip!
Post a Comment