Sunday, March 15, 2009

6th Anniversary and a trip to Labor and Delivery

So it have been a long week!! It started out with Sydney getting sick. She started being very whiny and clingy on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday she woke up with a high fever and then she had her some fast poopies all day. Her fever lasted for about 3 days and got up to around 103 at its highest. All Sydney wanted was the Mommy. So the Mommy hugged and cuddled her all through the night and as much as she could during the day. Sydney's fever broke on Friday and we thought that we were in the clear for our 6Th anniversary date on Saturday.

On Friday I was very tired and weak, but hey it had been a long week with out much sleep, so I just chalked it up to being overworked, overtired and pregnant. Saturday I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck, literally. Sydney woke up early and I convinced Seth to get up with her so that I could sleep in.(he is a good hubby!) I managed to sleep in until about ten o'clock(wahoo!!). Then decided that I should make some kind appearance that day and went down the stairs to say hello to my family. I drank some water. I ate a piece of toast. I threw them both up. I went back to bed. I woke up a few hours later and tried to drink some more water. Threw that up. So I sent Seth to the store to get me some Gatorade and some saltine crackers. I threw those up too. Then I started having contractions that were coming pretty regular. I knew that the contractions were from the fact that I was dehydrated, but what was I supposed to do when I couldn't even keep down a tiny swallow of water or Gatorade. By this time Seth was feeling sick too, so I called my sister and my Mom and they agreed to keep Sydney for the night. Happy anniversary to us right!

By about 5 o'clock that evening I had stopped trying to drink anything, I was so sick and dizzy that I couldn't even walk very well and it wasn't worth all the trips to the toilet to try to stay hydrated. Yet for some reason I was still throwing up lots of yucky yellow bile. At around 9 p.m. it finally dawned on me that I had had nothing to eat or drink for over 24 hours. So I called the on call O.B. doctor. He said that I needed to go into Labor and Delivery. Happy anniversary to us once again!

Seth got up and took me to Labor and Delivery, He was sick too, but not throwing up. I got hooked up to the monitors, and was very surprised to discover that my contractions were coming about a minute apart. The small every minute contractions where not painful, but every 10 minutes or so I would get a big one. So to make a long story short I got and I.V. for my anniversary instead of an anniversary present. Instead of a date to Red Lobster I got a trip to Labor and Delivery, instead of a make out session with my husband we got to hold hands for hours on end while we waited for the I.V. fluid to do its business.

We finally got out of there around one a.m. in the morning, with instructions to take it easy for a few days and to stay hydrated. So far it is 5 p.m. on Sunday evening. Seth and I have slept most of the day and I have been able to keep down a glass of water, a glass of Gatorade and some saltine crackers. I have had a few random contractions but nothing like yesterday. Like I said it has been a long week!

****The fun doesn't stop there! Sydney had an awful night. She coughed all night long and has a very high fever. She also has some rabid breathing with stomach retractions that are making me concerned. I guess we are in for another long week!*****

15 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow hun you have really gone through a lot! I pray that things get easier for you during this last few months of pregnancy. Even though you didn't have the best anniversary you don't have anyone who loves you more than your hubby in this world! HUGS!

Melenie said...

Oh dear! I bet that will be the most expensive anniversary you've had too. I'm glad your little Brock didn't come yesterday!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Poor family! I'm glad that you've been feeling a little better today. You'll have to have a fun anniversary a little later!

Catherine said...

I am so sorry, Caralee! I can't believe you went through all of that. It's hard enough having a sick child, but when you're sick, too, it's the worst because you have no energy to take care of yourself or Syd. :( I totally feel for you, and I'm praying you get another chance to celebrate your 6th anniversary. Love ya!

Emma said...

Oh my goodness.. that all sounds oh so familiar! I am glad that you're over the worst of it! Take it easy and hopefully the next time you are there it will be to get the little guy here!
and btw-- i just saw that you are naming him Brock. LOVE that name! We just had some friends name their little boy that and I am in love with it! I can't wait to meet Brock!

Carlos said...

Wow, definitely an anniversary to remember! I'm glad the baby is okay, and that you're doing better. Feel better soon! (yea for parents in times like these!!!)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Dang.... NO FUN! I'm sorry! So glad Brock is doing okay though! Keep us updated!

Recovery Guru said...

Emma- I just went back and read your old post, you are right, about the exact same thing happened to both of us! LOL!

Anonymous said...

wow girl, your one tough cookie. hang in there~! It was so good to see you take care of yerself ya hear?

Morgan said...

That sounds awful!!! I hope you all are doing better! Take it easy and keep that baby cooking! :)

Mariesa M. said...

That sounds miserable. I hope things go better for you and your family this week!

Julie said...

At least you know things have to get better because they really can't get much worse!

Recovery Guru said...

Oh Julie-O I wish that was true but unfortunately things can very easily get worse! I just hope for my own sanity that they don't!

Unknown said...

oh no. so sorry to hear about all the sickness. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Haven said...

That's crappy! We were sick this past weekend too. Darn bugs floating around to torment us! I'm glad Baby decided not to come, though! It sucks being prego and sick. :( *hugs*

Hope this week is better!