A few of you may remember that I have been having horrible cramps every day that sometimes make it hard for me to walk. I have been having these cramps for about the past 2 months and finally I got an answer as to what are causing them. It is a condition called pubic symphysitis. This is what the a web site says about it:
The symptoms of SPD vary from person to person, but almost all women who have it experience substantial pubic pain. Tenderness and pain down low in the front is common, but often this pain feels as if it's inside. The pubic area is generally very tender to the touch; many moms find it painful when the doctor or midwife pushes down on the pubic bone while measuring the uterus (fundal height).
Any activity that involves lifting one leg at a time or parting the legs tends to be particularly painful. Lifting the leg to put on clothes, getting out of a car, bending over, sitting down or getting up, walking up stairs, standing on one leg, lifting heavy objects, and walking in general tend to be difficult at times. Many women report that moving or turning over in bed is especially excruciating.Simply put, significant pubic pain is caused by the pelvic girdle area not working the way it should, probably because of hormones, misalignment of the pelvis, or an interaction of the two.
So basically I am living with 24/7 menstrual cramps, with pain that I can feel all the way down to the bone. There really is no cure for this other than giving birth and having the pelvic area gradually go back to normal. I have managed to find some relief from the pain by going to see a chiropractor but that only seems to lesson the pain for a day or two, not get rid of it fully. I am so relieved that I finally have an answer to all the pain that I am having though and that its not just in my head. My doctor said that I should be able to have a normal delivery and he even said that he would induce me up to a week early if I need him to. Unfortunately any other pregnancies that I have, I will most likely have this condition again.....maybe I will just adopt the next one!
This is my naked belly picture for my sister Julie that lives in Pennsylvania. She posted one when she was pregnant last fall. The deal was that I had to post one too, or I owed her a bag of chocolate. So here you go sister this is my fat naked glow-in-the-dark belly.
18 comments:
Wee Wooo! What a cute belly. I love necked belly pictures! Thanks Caralee... I think you should do another one right before you deliver! So cute!
No belly button pop-out! He must not be ready yet.
I'm sorry you've been so miserable!
You look beautiful! But that's horrible you're in so much pain. When I was pregnant with Jonas I noticed more pain, but it wasn't what you are describing! I think it mas mostly because I carried him so dang long.
And the pics of cute Syd in her bathing suit make me jealous. There is officially snow on the ground right now and it's still snowing outside as we speak. Shoot me now!
And for the record, my belly button never pops out :) I must have a deep one.
My belly button never popped out with Sydney. I have always been jealous of the cute bellies with the popped out belly buttons!
You look great! I feel like your pregnancy has gone by so fast- probably cuz I'm not the one that is preggo!
I have to say I wasn't a fan of my popped out belly button! I used to put a bandaid over it--hah.
I'm sorry about the pain--pelvic cramps are the worst--I can't imagine having to deal with that! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes fast for you!
Cute pics--I LOVE your curly hair!
2 things!!
I had a friend with that and she just said it was the worst! I am sorry you are so uncomfortable!
How is your belly button still an innie???? My belly button popped out at 4-5 months, before I really was even showing much! Like Brandi, I put a belly button over mine too sometimes. I am jealous! You look great!
You look so good lady! Sorry about the cramps! Brock will be here before you know it!
Hey, give me a call when you have a second. I didn't program your phone number when you called me before... I thought I had sorry! If you don't have my # anymore email me at pameladana at gmail dot com and I'll send it to you!
It really is a cute pg belly, Caralee. :)
I had to go to Physical Therapy during my last pregnancy for the same symptoms; they just didn't give it a fancy name. *sniffs* :P
I highly recommend it. They adjust all your areas, give you massages and let you get in a warm pool to do exercises and get the weight off. Ask your doctor about it. They have pt's who specialize (or did when I was pg) in pregnant ladies at the office inside the Summit Healthclub Building.
You are so good to take pictures like that - I guess I never would want to, because with my shots twice a day, I am covered in bruises! You look great though! sorry about the pain!
So that is so crappy that you have to be in so much pain. I feel bad for you because I loved being pregnant (up until the last month or so) because it is so neat to feel your baby moving inside of you and knowing that they are yours. I am sure you still feel that way but I am sure that the pain makes you just want him to come out. I hope the last couple of weeks either the time flies by or that the pain somehow subsides. If I can ever help you with anything please let me know.
You look so cute! I love love your hair like that!
And I had the same thing during my pregnancy with Adella, but not as bad as you poor thing. It's taken time and is still a little sore when I lay down, but nothing like it was so it's tolerable!
And my belly button stuck out from 4 months on with both of mine which I thought was kinda cute until the aftermath.. it will never be the same again. Consider yourself lucky.
Well, my belly button never popped out either...
oh like everyone else i'm so sorry you have those awful cramps! not good!!! I love the naked belly pics too! so cute!
*my belly button never popped out either, and i totally wanted it to...maybe next time... :)
That doesn't sound fun! I'm glad you got it figured out though :) Hope the next several weeks speed by for you!
Wa-hoo. Looking good. Sorry about the pubic bone stuff--Pain means beauty right? love the chiropractor-- it me a lot too.
I wished I had carried my babies that way when I was pregnat. Your pictures are beautiful and you look radiant.
I am so happy that you are doing good. . .and don't you love when you get that burst of energy and nest? It was always a time I looked forward to having because I got caught up on so many things like getting the freezer defrosted and deep cleaning.
(HUGS)
Beautiful prego belly! Will you let me know if there is something I can do to help?
Post a Comment