Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mixed Emotions

My little girl is growing up and I am not quite sure how I feel about it! One part of me is excited because I know how hard it is going to be with her and a newborn. This other part of me remembers, how it was cuddling her tiny body night after night, and what a sweet tiny baby she was. They really do grow up so dang fast! I can hardly believe that she is two and such a big girl.

Last week we picked up a pretty sweet toddler bed plus a new mattress for a great price on Craigslist. The guy even delivered it to our house on Saturday for us! My plan was to just have the new bed in her room and if she showed any interest in it then we would work on having her sleep in it. Right away she loved getting on her new "dead" (as she calls it ) and jumping her little brains out. When it came to actually sleeping on it she would get a little scared and we would then move her to her crib/toddler bed to sleep in. ***Side note*** I love having her sleep in her crib/toddler bed. We have it turned around so that she can still climb in and out if it just like a big girl but when it's time to sleep we just push it up against the wall and she can't get out! I love having her confined to her crib, at nap/bed time. I really and truly didn't think she would have very much interest in the new toddler bed at all!****

So anyway as nap time came today, I told Sydney to go and get in her bed. She went straight to her new toddler bed and laid down. So I tucked her in and left the room, knowing that she would fallow me right back out. She got out of bed twice. I told her to go back and get in bed. I went in and helped tuck her in again. She stayed! She actually fell a sleep and took her afternoon nap! I am shocked. I am not sure if I am ready for her to be such a big girl and sleeping in a toddler bed. I guess it does free up our crib for when Brock gets here, but I just never thought that she would transition so easy to her new bed....never!
Here is a picture of Sydney's first time sleeping in her "dead".

Sorry that this picture is so dang blurry. Here is my big ol'huge 32 week belly. (This picture is for you Julie!) I keep forgetting to ask Seth to take a belly picture for me, so I did it myself thus all the blur. (Sorry!)

Anyway as to how we are all doing. I keep having lots and lots of contractions. It's almost as if Saturday woke up my uterus, and now it just doesn't want to calm back down. I am finally eating a little bit better but for the most part I am still pretty sick to my stomach and tired most of the day. Seth feels all better. Sydney is still very cranky, and clingy. She is not eating or sleeping very well and spends most of the night clinging to me in our bed. She ended up with what the doctors think is a bacterial infection, and they put her on an antibiotic. Sydney does not react well to antibiotic's so it is going to be a long 10 days around here, with lots of fast poopies. She also has lost 2 pounds in the past month. This infections she has had, has caused her to not want to eat. I am hoping that once the antibiotic does it's business we can get back on a better eating and sleeping schedule.....just in time for the baby to come and blow it all out of the water. I am beginning to think that life will never be normal again, if it ever was to begin with!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the picture, but I thought you were going to show a little skin. ;)

Recovery Guru said...

Julie- you try taking your own belly picture in the mirror in the bathroom and see how great it turns out! I will show a little skin next time, I promise!!!!

Robin Keith said...

WOW...you are almost done. Good for you...let us know when it is all over. Have some stuff for the new guy...

McDuffie Family said...

I hope everyone is all better! That is so hard, especially whenyou are prego and don't feel the best on top! I hope the contractions don't get to regular, hang in there! I love the toddler bed! My girls feel like big girls 'cuz of big girl beds! it does give them a little more freedom though!

McDuffie Family said...

p.s. love the belly! you look so cute! and so sorry about your anniversary............looks like you have a good one that is there for you like that! happy late anniversary! p.s.s. still go to REd Lobster sometime.

Carlos said...

I've been waiting for a belly pic too! Super cute!