Monday, March 23, 2009

The weekend

So nothing great happened this weekend. We have been trying to take advantage of the great weather and spend more time outside before baby Brock gets here and the St.George weather gets hot, hot, hot!! We spent a day planting/watering flowers at my Mom's house. The next day we went to the water park with my sisters kids, Sydney had a blast! My only concern was that Sydney kept turning way purple from the cold water. Her lips, hands, and feet would gets so purple that I would make her cuddle up with me in a towel for a few minutes to warm her up. She hated being stuck in a towel and just wanted to get down and play with the other kids. I watched the other kids and not a single one of them had purple lips or hands and feet. It made me a little sad that Sydney couldn't enjoy the water as much as the other kids can because of her heart. She seems like such a normal little girl to me, that sometimes I forget that she even has her heart issues. She had a great time anyway, and I got a great little sunburn(Goodbye glow in the dark skin!)



Sydney with her Aunt Mary. Aunt Mary was so great with Sydney. She took her into the water, when I wouldn't go. If you click on this picture you can kind of see Sydney's purple lips and hands/arms.


I got a new calling as a teacher in Relief Society. I can not tell you how intimidated I am to get this calling. When the bishop called me I burst into tears and probably cried for two whole days after. I have never thought of myself as someone that was very insightful, or knowledgeable about the gospel. I know what I know, and what I know is good enough for me. I have no idea how I am supposed to teach the women in this ward, who have so much more knowledge than I do! My first lesson is on Easter Sunday(no pressure or anything!) and I am so nervous. Before church yesterday I was studying my lesson. I guess Sydney must have seen me doing it, because not long after she sat at the table where I had been sitting and started looking through my manual and scriptures. It was so cute seeing her pretending to be me, and reading scriptures that I had to take a few pictures of her!

5 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

Seriously teaching in RS would be my most scary calling, too. I'm sure you have lots of insight and HF will help you. Even with teaching Primary, I've discovered I know a lot more than I give myself credit for. Good luck! I'll for sure be praying for you to be inspired and feel comfortable teaching :)

Sydney looks so cute in her swimsuit. I *almost* want it to be swimsuit weather up here... but the in-between weather has been very nice--except for snow today. That can stop now.

Julie said...

We are SO FREAKIN' EXCITED to come play with you guys at the water park or anywhere really!

You will be an awesomr teacher. Wish I could come hear your lesson!

Sydney looks adorable by the way.

Melenie said...

I need to get rid of my glow in the dark skin, I guess I need to find a water park in SLC, if any exist..

As much as I despise my primary calling, I would hate teaching adults. You have my sympathy. I bet you'll do great though.

tifnyb said...

Caralee, what are you so nervous about...you are great. And just so you know teaching in Relief Society is an awesome calling. You will learn to love the sisters that you teach and you will learn so much. I love it!!! Yeah that's right...that's my calling too. Anyway, don't worry cuz the Lord will help you and just remember to rely on the Spirit...it's the only way to teach. Love ya, Tif:)

Haven said...

I'm sure you'll do great as a teacher! How cute is lil' Syd in her swimmers?

It was great to see you the other night. We need to get together soon!