
Dear Klutzy little girl,
When you fell and hurt your leg, I felt so bad! We were all sure that it was broken because you didn't walk for 3 whole days! We were assured by an instacare doctor that it wasn't broken, so we have encouraged you to walk on it as much as you can. The only problem with that is that you are a klutz. I know that wasn't nice of me to say but you are. Truth hurts kid. You are tripping every time I turn around. At least once a day you whack your sore leg and end up in a lot of pain, screaming and crying to the point that my ears are ringing! (thanks for that by the way!)
Well last night was the last straw. Waking up at 2 o'clock in the morning to you screaming and crying in my ear was not very nice. I am very sorry that your Ibuprofen wore off and your leg must have been aching for you to be carrying on like that because seriously it's 2 o'clock in the morning kiddo! Also why did you have to lay right on top of me while you where screaming and crying? That must be the reason that I have a beastly headache this morning. After about two hours of this I finally went and turned on some Curious George. Thankfully you feel back to sleep at about 5:30 a.m.
I have made an appointment to see your doctor today at noon. I am going to beg and plead on my hands and knees to get her to put a cast on your leg. Trust me it will be for you own good! It will give your leg a chance to heal and hopefully stop the midnight scream fest!
Love,
The kisser of all the owies
Dear Brocky,
I didn't really appreciate that you woke up right when your sister finally fell back to sleep this morning. Is it to mush to ask that you both sleep at the same time so that I can get a few hours of sleep. Really I am a much nicer mommy when I get more than 3 hours of sleep at night. I am sorry that I got snappy at you this morning and theatened you with a bottle but I was just so tired! While I am at it could you please try harder to nurse while Mommy is laying down. It would make my life so much easier if we could stay in bed all night instead of me having to go sit up somewhere to nurse you. Thanks.
Love,
sleepy Mommy
Dear Pediatrician.
I am begging you! Please Please Please put a cast on my daughters leg so that she will stop hurting it over and over, and so that she will sleep through the night again. Please! I need what little sleep I can get! Please!
Thanks
the crazy mommy
***Update on Sydney's leg***
We got more x-rays that showed the same thing as before.... a big fat nothing. Her doctor was very suprised she also thought it sounded like a normal break. She said that she thought it could besome type of break that is on the inside of her bone that wont really show up on an x-ray or that Sydney has some tissue damage like a torn ligament. She gave Sydney a hard cast that will immobilize her leg, it is kept in place with an ace bandage. She said that if by Friday she is still limping that we can get a CT on her leg to check for tissue damage or she can put a permanent hard cast on her leg for a few weeks to get it to heal up. So we are just going to wait out the week and see how she does! Wish us luck!!
3 comments:
Poor girl! I hope they can figure it out so you can get some sleep!
When I was 8 years old I fell and broke my elbow. It took them 2 months to figure it out becuase it was on my growth plate. Several x-rays & an MRI later they found found the break. I ended up having two pins put in my elbow & 6 months after the fall I was out of a cast, it was awful.Because I was so young it was hard to see the break.
I'm sure Sydney's situation is different, but follow your gut on this because you know her best!!
I'm telling you girl... I feel bad for your lack of sleep. I fear of having a child that is not a good sleeper. I was totally spoiled with Nathan.
I hope Syd leg is doing better! I think we need to get together and hang out! I'm serious too! Let's plan it! When is good for you?
Pam we can totally hang out sometime. I start babysitting next week so unless we hang out at my house sometime during the day we will need to get together after 3 when the kids go home. Or we can hang out on Monday's when I don't have the babysitting kids.
Post a Comment